Why become a member? ×

NBD T-bird content.

DarkHeart

Ordered this a few weeks ago from PMT and it finally came today, I've already got a honeyburst one but being in a UFO tribute band I wanted to get the right colour, I know the bridges are different but what the hell. These 760 humbuckers are fantastic, plenty of tone and bags of power, the neck feels to be a slightly different profile to my other one but its still slim, neck dive is negligible and the finish is flawless. Overall I'm very happy with it and tonight is it's first gig.

IMG_20190712_135430.jpg

IMG_20190712_125135_1.jpg

IMG_20190712_135520.jpg

• Like 6

The vintage pro t-bird is a great bass - I currently have two of 'em, both sunburst although I think I'd quite like one of the white ones. I love the slim neck & the mighty tone they puts out.

I also have a natural wax-finish pro-v five string epi t-bird, but although the neck is quite shallow front to back it is massively wide, and although it has active eq, the vintage pro beats it hands down on sound.

The pickups in your pro-iv look rather rather unusual - what are they?

Being an old Pete Way fan,  I bought an Ebony last year, sadly though it's been spending a lot of time on my rack collecting dust, as I prefer my Classic Pro which, absolutely Schat all over the Gibson that I tried at the time I purchased it. 

IMG_4091.JPG

• Like 2

On 14/07/2019 at 13:24, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

The pickups in your pro-iv look rather rather unusual - what are they?

They're Ghost Dirty Dozen pickups, hand wound by Wilf Vessinga in Whitley Bay, they're way more powerful and articulate than the originals which was in my opinion the only real let down with the standard bass.

On 15/07/2019 at 14:49, cetera said:

Love my Vintage Pro! One of the best sub £500 basses I've ever owned :)

I should really get some time spent on mine. The "You don't seem play that much" line has been getting an airing of late, and we all know where that can lead too don't we?