Why become a member? ×

Down In The Sewer

Hobbayne

58 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Example: Beetroot. 🤢

Now I love beetroot, whether pickled, roasted, finely grated; however I don't like Yes.

But I'm not a fan of eels, either the band or the slimy water dwellers that multiplied after the Battle Of Jutland.

I'm a fan of hot food, and also like early Chilli Peppers (at least while they were still spicy).

Conversely, I've never been a fan of The Jam, but love a bit of the old confiture, especially damson. And while I'm not a fan of offal (apart from liver), I definitely like The Bad Brains...

1 hour ago, ZilchWoolham said:

Ah yes, I'm sure you're right. I'm not that well-versed in matters Yes, to be honest, but the point still stands in regards to people's perception of them and whatever bands might have more of an actual fantasy slant. I suppose in all fairness Rick Wakeman didn't really help ward off that image what with the cape and the Arthur stuff. 

I agree that the capes didn't help. 😀 I think this is the thing though, people's perception of them seems to often be more about their image than the actual content of their music.

Re Rick, everything he did was thoroughly tongue in cheek anyway. He - rightly - thought the King Arthur On Ice thing was hilarious, and a great way to wind up his critics. 

Edited by 4000

3 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Now I love beetroot, whether pickled, roasted, finely grated; however I don't like Yes.

But I'm not a fan of eels, either the band or the slimy water dwellers that multiplied after the Battle Of Jutland.

I'm a fan of hot food, and also like early Chilli Peppers (at least while they were still spicy).

Conversely, I've never been a fan of The Jam, but love a bit of the old confiture, especially damson. And while I'm not a fan of offal (apart from liver), I definitely like The Bad Brains...

Interesting... I don't like cucumber, but I sometimes quite like the taste of where cucumber has been (i.e. the after effects of when it's been removed from tuna & cucumber sandwich).

I don't like prog rock, 'British blues' from any period*, or Bruce Springsteen.

* except some early 'stones - little red rooster etc.