Why become a member? ×

Dingwall - no more D-Bird...

They had two just delivered a few hours before I got there - purple and the turquoise flake

They had quite a few dingwall's in stock  NG's and such but maybe just not updated their site.

Edited by krispn

I've just strolled the Dingwall site - I could get used to the new shape, I guess - but there's also a Hellboy Limited Edition 'to coincide with the major motion picture release of Hellboy (2019)'

I happened to watch the new Hellboy last night. Holy cow. It's not even 'so bad it's good'...it's just plain awful. 😕

He's not having much luck of late, is Sheldon... 😕

23 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

I don't mind it too much, shame the photo is so heavily shadowed so you can't quite appreciate the changes but I'm sure there will be more photos very soon. 

As if on cue...

76769A26-AD56-42A5-B397-2675C4D14EAD.thumb.jpeg.e469f7b699141ea040d8c0243311e039.jpeg

I think it looks fantastic!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Muzz said:

I think that seeing as they've gone for Dingwall, whose only Gibson-reminiscent bass has a completely different headstock and so many improvements on the original it's basically only the overall body outline that's in any way similar, then Mike Lull had better be lawyering up right now...his are straight copies by comparison, plus he's also the right size for Gibson's legal team to push around...

If I was Gibson, instead of suing Mike Lull, I would be trying to hire him to get advice on how to build a better bass.

I was thinking that either Gibson have never heard of Mike Lull, or they thought better of suing a company where the head has close connections to members of Pearl Jam.

• Like 1

I would suggest Gibson already know how to make great instruments and they've already taken the first step on the road to recovery. . . they fired the old management.

Apparently the idiots who ran Gibson set unachievable targets for the numbers of instruments that had to be made every day, so the only way to not get fired was to cut corners and rush the instruments out the door. If Gibson re-focus on quality not quantity then they might turn the company around. 

I would imagine everyone concerned has already had a Cease and Desist letter. Some guys will respond positively, ie Dingwall, others will drag their heels. If anyone is challenging these letters in court then the others will probably hang back and wait for the outcome.

21 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

because Fender gently suggested to retailers if they continued to stock Sandberg, Fender may not send stock to them.

Tried and tested procedure with Fender.

Back in the 70's they told American shops selling Peavey amps not to expect Fender guitars until they started selling Fender amps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cato said:

I do like the new shape, but part of me thinks it would look even better as a headless.

Ooh you tease! Yeah I can see it looking nice as a headless but, to be fair, the D-Bird/D-Roc has one of the most aesthetically pleasing headstocks I’ve seen on a bass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Not sure why the one in blue/purple is £400 more than the aqua sparkle?! 

I asked the bass guy in GuitarGuitar that very question and he didn't understand it.

Both basses are exactly the same spec apart from the paint. Also, he said it took 6 months from order to get those so these will probably be the last available in this style at your local shop.

• 3 months later...