Why become a member? ×

Grace Felix preamp - Sold. It was lovely.
£700

Owen

Lovely, lovely floor based 2 channel preamp. Really nice, as in proper studio grade, mic preamp. Two fully discreet XLR DIs and jack out  to amp. It buffers piezos better than anything I have tried. The eq is powerful. The hpf works like a dream. If it is all that then why am I selling? I am just not using it as my gigs have changed and I could spend the money on something else exciting. There is nothing on my shopping list at the moment but I like to be ready when the next adventure is GO!

Edited by owen

Open, musical and detailed instrument and mic preamplification for discerning artists and engineers

2 channel audio path with blend output control

m101 style transimpedance microphone preamplifier, no electrolytic capacitors in the signal path

Ultra precision 0.5% thin film resistors are used in the signal path

Careful power supply design and grounding yield an ultra-quiet signal path and professional level headroom and line driving ability

Fully ground isolated DI outputs with high quality, low distortion, fully shielded transformers

Super rugged 1/4” connectors with heavy duty metal bushings

Powerful, independent EQ on both channels – hi and low shelving and full parametric midrange

Mid frequency control has two ranges 70-880Hz / 670 – 8kHz

20Hz-1kHz sweepable HPF on both channels, can also be set as notch filter

A / B footswitch for multiple instrument configurations or soloing different pickups

Mute/ tune footswitch mutes all outputs except dedicated tuner out

Boost footswitch for variable 10dB level boost (global)

DI outputs sources are configurable – Ch1 (mix or Ch1) Ch2 (mix or Ch2)

Dedicated level controlled stage amp output (configurable as blend or Ch2)

Dedicated tuner out, remains hot when unit is muted

Side panel switches for 48V, phase, mid Hz range select, HPF/notch select, 12V and A/B mode select

12V mic input power available on Ch2

Phase reverse switch for each channel

3 input impedance settings on each channel – Ch1 10K, 1MEG, 10MEG / Ch2 332K, 1MEG, 20MEG accommodating a wide range of pickup types

Aux footswitch jack for accessing switch functions if FELiX is mounted in a rack tray or on top of an amp

Mic stand flange mount screw holes holes for putting FELiX on a mic stand

1/8” headphone jack, active when FELiX is muted

Global TRS effects insert jack

Universal 100-240 AC power supply with standard IEC cable – no wall wart – take FELiX anywhere in the world!

Full 5 year transferable warranty / built for long, happy life on the road

Designed and built by family and friends in Lyons, CO, USA

On 13/07/2019 at 09:24, three said:

Oh no. I have an addiction to the world’s finest non-valve pres. And this is certainly one of the world’s finest. Infinite tweaking capability. I could waste hours with this. 

Owen let me visit for a bit and had a brief try on this, the API transformer and Warwick Hellborg... I used to use a Hellborg and in my memory it’s ‘my sound’ but I found this preamp to be the most versatile. And the sound is so erm precise - and clean in a way that it’s like listening to something through a top end PA with a really really good horns  when everything else is through a struggling 20 year old over driven behringer PA 

10 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Owen let me visit for a bit and had a brief try on this, the API transformer and Warwick Hellborg... I used to use a Hellborg and in my memory it’s ‘my sound’ but I found this preamp to be the most versatile. And the sound is so erm precise - and clean in a way that it’s like listening to something through a top end PA with a really really good horns  when everything else is through a struggling 20 year old over driven behringer PA 

Urm, your explanations are not very clear... Which one are you talking about : the Grace Felix, the Api TranZformer or the Hellborg PR40.

As a Hellborg PR40 owner too, it's the best bass preamp I've ever heard or tried to date.

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Urm, your explanations are not very clear... Which one are you talking about : the Grace Felix, the Api TranZformer or the Hellborg PR40.

As a Hellborg PR40 owner too, it's the best bass preamp I've ever heard or tried to date.

The Grace Félix.  Where the Hellborg is harmonically rich and warm the Félix is clean and precise (and tweakable. ) 

• 2 months later...
  • Rich locked this topic