Why become a member? ×

SOLD Barefaced Bass Dubster V1
£750
Ross-on-Wye

I've owned this rare beast from new, back when you had to wait 3 months for them to be made. Freakish light, huge bottom end and stupidly loud, being capable of delivering the same output as two 8x10's cabs. It needs a decent amp to drive it but nothing crazy. When I used a Darkglass 900w in rehersals I had to switch it into lower power mode if I want to be able to up the gain much.

It hasn't been regularly gigged and is in great condition. The sound quality is fantastic, they are pretty special guys at barefaced. The tightness in the low end is remarkable. You will see from the link below you cannot buy these anymore and they don't do anything with 15-inch speakers these days just 10's and 12's.

The only signs of ageing are cosmetic and I have tried to capture them in the pictures. The plastic brackets of the handles have faded or been marked, the corner guards have some wear and what the pictures cant pick up is that If you stand in front of it and peer directly down the face of the grill, and the light is just right, you might notice a slight variance in darkness on freshly painted parts that had some light scratching from bloody cymbal stands being lent against it. Drummers! I touched these up with the official barefaced bass touch up kit. There is plenty left and I will include this. The badge looks worn but it's actually that the plastic protector is on still.

I'm open to realistic offers but not trades as I'm not in a band anymore.

Pick up is preferred. I'm not against meeting halfway by car or posting but it is very expensive. UK postage (48 hr, Royal mail, tracked and signed for) is £87 fully insured, £57 without insurance.

Cash or Bank transfer preferred. Paypal only if you pick up the fees. 

https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/dubster.htm

IMG_0640.thumb.JPG.33fc1efaa1caa865e3a10b7718023334.JPGIMG_0643.thumb.JPG.f9d88da224609e064738b9dbb84e142b.JPGIMG_0637.thumb.JPG.bd2a88aa6e0fca31c3dfd6a66849f77e.JPGIMG_0644.thumb.JPG.f05f5cc9805069e30da3fc5f3266785c.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, FLea's Fluffer said:

The badge looks worn but it's actually that the plastic protector is on still.

Noooo!

Give you address. I need to come around and remove the film top satisfy my obsession with peeling protective film.

Every time I pick mine up (or someone in the band shares) it is a joy to move.  Easy single handed lift into the car.  Used it (again) on Friday at an outdoor gig, endless volume, dial up a good tone, then make it louder, or very loud, or stupid loud.  BF Dubster just delivers.  Does not seem to lack highs to me.  You want the earth to move, this is the correct apparatus.  No connection with seller just a satisfied Dubster user (and I do not need two).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3below said:

Every time I pick mine up (or someone in the band shares) it is a joy to move.  Easy single handed lift into the car.  Used it (again) on Friday at an outdoor gig, endless volume, dial up a good tone, then make it louder, or very loud, or stupid loud.  BF Dubster just delivers.  Does not seem to lack highs to me.  You want the earth to move, this is the correct apparatus.  No connection with seller just a satisfied Dubster user (and I do not need two).

Same here had mine from new and its still my 'go to' cab. GLWTS

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 3below said:

Nice to hear from fellow dubster owners. 🙂 I almost cant believe I’m selling mine. 

I’ve never found it lacking in highs either, which intrigued me.  I even plugged a guitar into it and while that didn’t sound amazing it didn’t sound odd. I wish I had played a recorded song through it before I sold my amp to hear what it sounded like as a PA speaker. Not that it would of had any practical use for me 

• FLea's Fluffer changed the title to SOLD Barefaced Bass Dubster V1
  • MB1 locked this topic