Why become a member? ×

Awesome limited Musicman Bongo BFR

Musicman20

• 3 weeks later...

I was, I guess, lucky to invest in most the high end Musicman and Fender stuff I wanted before significant price hikes hit about 3 years back....with the problems with the £ etc.

A new 5 HH Bongo (albeit not a cool limited run like the above) was less than half that new. 

Still doesn't detract from the fact the linked bass is stunning.

1 hour ago, Musicman20 said:

I was, I guess, lucky to invest in most the high end Musicman and Fender stuff I wanted before significant price hikes hit about 3 years back....with the problems with the £ etc.

A new 5 HH Bongo (albeit not a cool limited run like the above) was less than half that new. 

Still doesn't detract from the fact the linked bass is stunning.

And they still are easily attainable for a third of RRP 2nd hand. 

3 hours ago, Machines said:

Maybe for now, but as the current prices rest in place for a while, people might want a second hand one and thus demand will rise, which will mean the value could be a little better 2nd hand compared to what it used to be. Same with Rays. You can't buy one for less than 2k ish now. 

8 hours ago, Machines said:

This is a great bass - love the colour and a very nicely flamed maple neck. They did an earlier BFR Bongo like this in a great blue colour. 

I think it depends a lot on the spec and model. Like Stingrays, you can get bargains but some of the more sought after features will raise the price. 

Used prices have generally risen over the last few years - as I say, something different like a BFR will command a higher price used. 

Edited by drTStingray

1 hour ago, Machines said:

Ive seen 2 Bongo 5 HHs sell for under £1k this week. 

I think there'll always be bargains - I've seen lots of makes, even Wals, go for lower prices than normal - I guess it depends how desperate people are to sell.

I definitely wouldn't sell my Bongo 5HH for less than £1000 - it is actually a discontinued 5HHp - all that said I did pay less than £1000 for it around 10 yrs ago (used). 

I think we have to accept new prices will continue to go up - used prices will probably track them but at a lower level. Wait and see what happens after 31st Oct....... 🤔

Edited by drTStingray