Why become a member? ×

NS Wav 4 Bass - SOLD
£600
Bristol

Here’s a lovely thing, my NS Wav 4 Bass. It’s the made on a China model but don’t let that put you off, it’s a beautiful instrument.

I’ve had it 6 months but have changed to a Far West bass which is more like a DB (to me at least).

The NS stand was awful, so I’ve swapped it for a really solid Pearl stand which functions perfectly. It’s a much harder-wearing stand, which means the bass is more stable and doesn’t sway (a problem I had with a previous Wav bass I owned).

The strings are standard and, because I wanted the bass as a DB substitute, is set high. But this can be lowered.

I’m happy to discuss trades.

Based in Bristol, and no chance I’ll send this (unless you’re happy to pay the £40 quid it would cost me to do so).

It comes with the padded case which is also in good condition.

CC65CCB7-875B-487A-9FD9-423B44B0B319.jpeg

1C0FD718-22F6-4DDC-9E25-E3C5FA275C6B.jpeg

0D5D6A8E-681B-4536-9EAE-2F8F8AB38762.jpeg

F770C0B1-0B62-4FAA-8306-5EB4BEE707FC.jpeg

8EB9CDAE-41B5-4FA9-A1FF-85390FD2FDF2.jpeg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, haruki said:

That stand looks interesting - I also suffer from a wobbly Wav.

Is it just a pearl  cymbal stand?  - did you have to adapt to to fit the NS adaptor thingy?

GLWTS

Hi, yes it’s a standard Pearl cymbal stand. You need to use a damper between the NS plate and the stand (they supply one). It’s a simple thing to do and it really does work well. I can send you a picture if you want...

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:29, Burns-bass said:

Hi, yes it’s a standard Pearl cymbal stand. You need to use a damper between the NS plate and the stand (they supply one). It’s a simple thing to do and it really does work well. I can send you a picture if you want...

Another one with NS wobbly stands syndrome here, which model of cymbal stand did you use please?

I was going to email, but easier to post here. 

I used this cymbal stand: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CHLTQSW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was for sale at about £50 when I bought one, but it seems to have gone up again now.

You can see from my final image how the clamp works perfectly. To avoid any damage I removed the spring from inside this top clasp, and used something cymbal washers to damp it. You'll need to get some thin ones, or do as I did and cut down the ones that came packaged. You can slot it inside the recess quite nicely I found. This stage isn't entirely necessary, but it ensures that the tension is balanced from both sides and the Wav is held horizontally. It also ensure that the clamp isn't metal-on-metal which could (I guess) damage it. 

The new stand is much sturdier. The only issue is that the stand doesn't really fit in the padded case as well as the thin one that came with it originally.

As a disclaimer, I can only say that this works with this specific stand. I have no idea whether it will work for others (although I know the cheap Stagg ones definitely will). 

I should also point out that I'm pretty useless at these sorts of things, but I managed it in about 10 minutes with a glass of wine in hand and the cat looking on.

• Like 1

I should say, I had a NS WAV once - it was a great EUB. The only reason I sold it, was to upgrade to another NS model EUB
Burns-Bass is a top fella to deal with too - buy in confidence folks :)

EDIT: The original stands on these WAV EUB's are a little on the lightweight side, and can be a bit "wobbly" - mine didn't bother me....
But that replacement stand looks very solid. I used a drum / cymbal stand on another EUB I once owned, and it was solid

Edited by Marc S