Why become a member? ×

NSF Freeway switch

Christine

I'm having problems with the wiring of my new build using this switch. I have used the wireing diagram below

free-waydiagram.thumb.jpg.2790b61aba124d4f6e7b33703fe4ef3d.jpg

The problem I have is that in the bridge and neck mode in both VT and direct the neck pickup is silent whereas in neck mode it works perfectly. I'm afraid my electric knowledge is lacking, I would be grateful for any ideas

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Ok, if not, do it. Looking at the second schematic, it's mandatory.

No, I assumed that the blobs on the diagram was where the solder should be, I guess if the line crosses the connections then they should be connected? I'll link those up now with a bit of wire so it's reversible

No, still the same. Would it help if I desoldered it and went through it again? I'm sure there must be a short somewhere, I did use shrink wrap on the conections but maybe there is a stray strand touching something? It's so hard to see as the cavity is quite small and there's a lot of wires in there

After a de solder a clean up and a thorough check and a re solder I'm in exactly the same position. To be honest the difference in sound between direct and through the pots is indistinguishable so I think I'm going to use a standard 3 way and chuck this freeway thing, I suspect the switch is faulty now

Thanks very much for your help :)

• Like 1