Why become a member? ×

Warwick paint job

Dubs

I think that's actually a worse job than the Gibson les paul I refinished white when I was 16 replete with giant blobs, drips, you name it... what I don't quite get, is the 'artist?' actually thought 'yes, it's finished - that's exactly what I want my bass to look like, I'll just put the hardware and pickup back on and job's a good un'.

I mean, why?

Looks like someone spilt some emulsion on a "ChromeTone", but somehow missed the hardware...

Edit- Does anyone else think that the neck looks "odd" for a Warwick- It looks Maple, and that normally only shows up on Neck Thru instruments (which this doesn't seem to be due to the lack of the little ramp behind the fretboard.
All Bolt ons and Set Necks have a short fretboard extension that cover the neck/body join and allows for the (common) curvature on Warwick bodies. This one seems to have gone missing!

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

It's a Warwick Pro-M bass and I'd not cry foul immediately, as I recall the end of the fingerboard being squared off but 'if' that is a maple neck (wenge board) then it is 'wrong' (I owned a fretless version of this; can still get a pic of it tomorrow as a local guy has it).

I couldn't say the paint job is wrong or awful because each to his own but I don't quite "get it"! Is it supposed to be/mean anything or did someone just get bored?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='359434' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:53 AM']I have a maple necked '96 Streamer 'Bolt-On' coming my way on Tuesday...

:huh:[/quote]

You learn something new every day. :)

BO Wicks aren't my bag but I can't ever remember seeing a review of a BO maple necked Streamer! There are a few NT editions that have 3 laminate maple necks but I thought W preferred wenge and ovankol for their BO due to the strength.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='359439' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:57 AM']You learn something new every day. :)

BO Wicks aren't my bag but I can't ever remember seeing a review of a BO maple necked Streamer! There are a few NT editions that have 3 laminate maple necks but I thought W preferred wenge and ovankol for their BO due to the strength.[/quote]

[attachment=17524:123456.JPG]
[attachment=17525:654321.JPG]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='359478' date='Dec 20 2008, 11:50 AM']Very nice Ben. It'd be interesting to hear that stacked up against a wenge/ovankol model. :)[/quote]

Definitely. I love the sound/feel of my SSI maple NT neck so we’ll see how this compares. I love the look of the flamed maple neck though :brow:
I reckon the antique tobacco oil finish with the highly figured maple is looking pretty nice as well, I’ll have to see about getting some black hardware for this…