Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big Baby + One10 cabinet mixing

basscki

Hi All

I have a Barefaced Big Baby T which I like and has served me well but I took the plunge to get a Barefaced One10 for the size and the more vintage sound they are supposed to have.  So far either cab has sufficed for a gig but if I was playing a larger venue what's the general view of you discerning fellow BC members of using the cabs together?  (Amp = Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 so should be pokey enough).

I've played them together at a quiet volume and they sounded OK to my ears but I was curious whether this was bordering on heresy akin to pouring a fine red wine into a pint of Timothy Taylors.

Thanks in anticipation of your views...

• Thanks 1

I believe Alex Claber’s advice is that mixing any of the 10” driven cabs with each other is fine, and mixing any of the 12” driven cabs with each other is fine, but mixing the driver sizes together is not so great.

Ultimately though, the world won’t end if you do decide to do it. If it sounds good...

If you think these cabs sound good together then run them on a gig and see if gig volume exposes any chinks, but I'd have thought the BBT and a One10 will be a pretty unbalanced pairing, putting a strain on the One10.

Edited by chris_b

57 minutes ago, chris_b said:

but I'd have thought the BBT and a One10 will be a pretty unbalanced pairing, putting a strain on the One10.

Very true. Assuming they’re both 8 ohm cabs and given that the BBT will be rated for far more wattage than the One10, @chris_b is totally correct. Unbalanced is the word.