Why become a member? ×

1971 Fender Precision
£2800
Hemel Hempstead

Sibob

Hi all,

Very much a mega feeler at the moment, I love this bass, largely a trade post as mentioned below, looking for a early/mid-60's C neck Precision.
However, whilst it's fantastic, and has done a lot of good work with me, I do prefer 60's Precision neck's, so I'm going to try and scratch that itch a little more.

Heavily gigged because it's excellent, and it's in a played condition for it's age, but nothing too crazy, plenty of nicks, a couple down to the wood, but mostly just really nice wear,

To my knowledge (certainly I purchased it as such), it's all original, including the case although that is looking tired now, although all parts present and working, definitely more for provenience than use.

I haven't ever taken the neck off, but I will for a serious enquiry. Truss rod absolutely fine and neck nice and straight, currently setup beautifully with La Bella 760FL flats.
Nut width, 42mm.  B profile neck.

Can be heard on the entirety of this album (headphones needed):

And here's a little Pino I transcribed with it (headphones needed):

I don't really want to sell this without having a nice early 60's refin to pull the trigger on fairly quickly. As such, this is almost just a trade post, with me able to add cash obviously. Even willing to add my Lakland US 44-64 if of interest.
So if you are perhaps looking to release some cash from a early/mid 60's Precision (probably a refinish/stripped), would be happy to talk about it with this as a part ex.
I reserve the right to drop this craziness at any point, it is a cracking bass.

I don't have a weight until later, but it's under 9lbs for sure.

All.thumb.JPG.4a581afada7c4f91271f431dc934045e.JPG

Front.thumb.JPG.0d89a4c75bc6094bd06c27255414841b.JPG

Back.thumb.JPG.fab4f4232c23a297dc7b2d3405fb5ba6.JPG

Headstock_fr.thumb.JPG.6e1f0f8346a963f9f0b51ff4ec96b897.JPG

Headstock_r.thumb.JPG.0dff264cf5fe70854df9d95d83a8ca9f.JPG

Case.thumb.JPG.4b13f1f1b7007c40add09968a52648bd.JPG

Many thanks
Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 10

13 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Thats glorious Si and makes me wonder about the sense of me moving to short scale!!!

Downtune it to D standard, stick a capo on the 2nd fret, boom, shortscale ;)

Si

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sibob said:

However, whilst it's fantastic, and has done a lot of good work with me, I do prefer 60's Precision neck's, so I'm going to try and scratch that itch a little more.

I hope you don't mind me highjacking your thread, but I was curious about this comment. What is it about 60s P necks that you prefer? Is it the C width, or something else?

FWIW, I own a 66 Precision, and it's got a glorious neck on it. Very comfortable.

1 minute ago, bassaussie said:

I hope you don't mind me highjacking your thread, but I was curious about this comment. What is it about 60s P necks that you prefer? Is it the C width, or something else?

FWIW, I own a 66 Precision, and it's got a glorious neck on it. Very comfortable.

Wider at the nut and generally more shallow than the 70’s B necks :). I have a Lakland with C neck and I love it.

Si

I’ve had the pleasure of having a proper noodle on this bass and have to say it’s a fabulous instrument (and sounds great in the clips).

For me, it’s the nicest early 70s Precision I’ve played (and I have one myself!).

Top bass, top seller..!

Good luck with the sale, sir..! 

• Like 1