Why become a member? ×

Sire V10....

Musicman20

It's an interesting move to get into the £1000 bracket. They seem to clean up around about £500-600 as Fender alternatives but then when you enter the USA Fender/Sandberg/G&L/Lakland territory - albeit with the boutique look - will be interesting to see how these stack up.

Can't deny they look great - roasted maple! 

Quite jealous of Lee in this video! Cool jams. It’s a shame these V10s on,y come in those two colours though - I’d hoped that the natural maple one with black pickguard on the stand behind them was another option but alas, no. I should have known really as it didn’t have a roasted neck!

20 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Quite jealous of Lee in this video! Cool jams. It’s a shame these V10s on,y come in those two colours though - I’d hoped that the natural maple one with black pickguard on the stand behind them was another option but alas, no. I should have known really as it didn’t have a roasted neck!

They come in 4 colours as was said in the vid.edit. im talking bolloxs they only come in 2 colours.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Haha 1

Giggity - first time GAS for a Jazz bass... that could be an expensive video to have watched! I may have to report this incident to the missus for my own protection.

I have no idea why, but the marketing-speak on the Sire website actually appealed to me, especially when talking about the neck, and I’m no subtle and fleet-fingered Marcus Miller… tbh, more Windy Miller in my approach!

I really want to know what that rolled fretboard feels like to play though...

Sire_neck.jpg

1 hour ago, b7l4s said:

I really want to know what that rolled fretboard feels like to play though...

Sire_neck.jpg

The nearest bass I would compare to that rolled neck would be the Maruszczyk models. I can confirm that if the Sire basses are even remotely similar, (they look it) then they will feel beautiful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dood said:

The nearest bass I would compare to that rolled neck would be the Maruszczyk models. I can confirm that if the Sire basses are even remotely similar, (they look it) then they will feel beautiful. 

This. On paper it seems like something that wouldn’t make a huge difference to the playing experience...but it does! 

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

This. On paper it seems like something that wouldn’t make a huge different to the playing experience...but it does! 

Yes! totally does! For basses that are square on the edges, having played more "comfortable profiles" it bugs me enough now that I just want to put them down again. 

Cant comment on this bass, but when i had a Gen2 P7 with the rolled edge fingerboard it felt very comfortable, and nicer than my Gen 1 V7. Could be my style of fretting, i tend to grip the neck (maybe i shouldn't), but the P7 felt less sharp, and so more comfortable. Definitely something i would prefer on all my basses, although not a deal breaker if not.

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I love the way Marcus Miller talks. Such absolute clarity, simplicity, makes you sit back and go "oh yeah!". 

Its like listening to the Yoda of Bass. Victor Wooten has the same effect. But of course Marcus being the main man. 😎. I dont care how well Victor plays. He aint Marcus. 

• Like 1

"You got a car that cost £1500... Guess what, it gets you to where you want to go. An £5000 car gets you where you have got to go also. Its about your experience on the journey you're taking. The people who are waiting for you. All they know as that you have arrived".

Its not word for word but what a fantastic way of explaining your's and the audiences experience of when you yourself play an instrument and the experience of the audience when you play it. .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dood said:

Is the a v10 thing only or are the version 2 v7’s finger board edges this rounded? 

Ah .. Yes thanks 

I wondered if the amount of rolling (in that screen grab it looks ALOT) was a specific v10 thing and maybe the v7's had a bit less?

It seems like all the sire basses, even the v3 have all the same features, is it just the woods that are different?

I am after a V7... I figured "diddle for middle" but If the end product (rolled edges, pickups, preamp etc) are all so similar maybe I sound get a V3 and save some cash?

44 minutes ago, Tjhooker said:

Ah .. Yes thanks 

I wondered if the amount of rolling (in that screen grab it looks ALOT) was a specific v10 thing and maybe the v7's had a bit less?

It seems like all the sire basses, even the v3 have all the same features, is it just the woods that are different?

I am after a V7... I figured "diddle for middle" but If the end product (rolled edges, pickups, preamp etc) are all so similar maybe I sound get a V3 and save some cash?

Yes, you will find that there’re are so many shared features within the Sire range that it can get a bit ‘samey’. Almost all have the same preamp and bridge, and many have the newer rolled edge necks. 

On 12/07/2019 at 19:05, bubinga5 said:

Its like listening to the Yoda of Bass. Victor Wooten has the same effect. But of course Marcus being the main man. 😎. I dont care how well Victor plays. He aint Marcus. 

Absolutely!! He's just pure class in the way he talks, no arrogance, not condescending, just wisdom! 

19 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Absolutely!! He's just pure class in the way he talks, no arrogance, not condescending, just wisdom! 

And to think, he designed all those Sire basses without breaking in to a sweat lol. 

I get the impression Sire are pulling out all the stops to promote this one. I bet they have a lot riding on this. 

Edited by dave_bass5