Meddle

SOLD Three Tortoiseshell P Bass pickguards
£40
Edinburgh

Three P Bass pickguards with tortoiseshell finishes. In my quest to find the tort that looks best on my bass I've been through a few different variants.

Now all sold.

Edited by Meddle

Hello Meddle,

I would like to purchase the brown..£15 plus postage. It would look the business on my old P bass.

Regards,

Robbie

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ROBBIE said:

Hello Meddle,

I would like to purchase the brown..£15 plus postage. It would look the business on my old P bass.

Regards,

Robbie

Drop me a PM and we can take it from there!

I'm interested in where you picked up that brown guard, looking for something similar 🙂

I think I have one, @Jonse

at least one of those came from me originally as @Meddle will probably confirm 

5 hours ago, Jonse said:

I'm interested in where you picked up that brown guard, looking for something similar 🙂

4 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I think I have one, @Jonse

at least one of those came from me originally as @Meddle will probably confirm 

Brownie is sold! 

Edited by Meddle

2 hours ago, Raslee said:

Is No2 still available? If so I'll have that one :)

Both are still up for grabs! 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Beno
      Ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard
      Vital stats:-
      Weight: On a kitchen scales it comes in at 4.2kgs. On a bathroom scales, it’s 4.4kgs so it’s there or there abouts. Either way, it’s a light bass and certainly one of the lightest bass I’ve played.
      Neck: 41.7mm at nut.
      I bought this bass in 1982. I have changed nothing on it (hardware) Personally, I think it’s a great looking bass (subjective of course) and has just the right amount of real road wear. It sounds fantastic.
      I had screened the routing with foil (no problems, it was just the done thing at the time) and my luthier kindly made a much better job with the copper foil FOC many years ago. It’s a 45yo bass that has been played a lot so naturally has minor issues.
      Issues:
      Some wear on the fingerboard and frets (as pics). It will need a re-fret on the first 9 frets at some stage although imo, not needed immediately A repair of the few wear points on the finger board would be on the cards also and I have priced the bass accordingly. I could do that here and then add that cost to the price of the bass but thought buyer may prefer to have it done by their guy at their leisure.
      The D saddle screw is not original to the bridge.
      Scrape mark bottom of lower horn. Sealed when my luthier was fixing some minor varnish chips on the neck.
      Tiny bit of play in the E machine head. It tunes up/down perfectly and stays where you want it to. When tuned, the thumb screw can move a couple of mil each way without moving the capstan so it’s not really an issue.
      Hairline crack in the scratchplate at the tone pot.
      A crack (since diy repaired) in the thumb rest (below) and not noticeable.
      The saddles are brass/bronze and I don’t know if they were changed or not. (I see a fretless P on here with the same setup)
      I hope I’m not underselling this bass. I wanted to cover the minor stuff and be totally upfront. None of the little issues take away from the fact that it is a great sounding/playing mid 70’s bass and will hold its value into the future.
      Strung with new’ish RS66. Comes with non-original hard case.

• By badastronaut
      Carvin PB5 for sale. In mint condition! incl. original hardcase. A very well made and great playing passive P bass. The bass is pretty light (will weigh it later tonight) and has a string spacing of 19mm. 
      That's also the reason I'm selling it, I like the 17,5 mm on my Stingray 5 better.  The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe and secure shipping is not a problem. I have send quite a lot of basses to the UK without any problems. For more info or a soundsample send me a message!
      Asking price is 685 gbp. Trades are possible, 4/5/6 strings, fretted/fretless, just give it a try!

PB5 General Specifications:

5-string,
      bolt-on neck 
      scale length 34" 
      rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays, 
      14" radius 
      Carvin locking bridge, strings through body 
      19 mm Stringspacing at the bridge

• By phagor
      For sale is this rather fetching Fender Elite Precision PJ which I bought new last May, and has been used for a couple of gigs and a session, so is in very good condition.
      Alder body, maple neck and ebony fingerboard. Metallic jade finish looks green-tinted gold, with parchment tort scratchplate and chrome hardware.
      The Elites have a number of nice features over previous series, including:
      Compound neck profile - C at the nut through to D up the neck Improved neck joint and cutaway 21 frets HiMass bridge, bone nut Spoke wheel truss rod adjustment Fender Elite Precision neck pickup, Fender Noiseless bridge pickup 18 V preamp with bass, mid and treble controls Active/passive switch, treble becomes a tone control in passive Option of through-body stringing This is the first Fender PJ I've played where the neck pickup sounds like a real precision. The bridge pickup can add bite or with the mid control up and treble down gets into Jaco territory. Both pickups with treble is a great modern pick or slap tone. A real all-rounder. Very light and easy to play too.
      It does have two scratches on the bottom of the body - where I was a bit careless putting it in a soft case with zips. Hard to see in normal light - see photos.
      Currently wearing a set of nearly-new DR Hi-beams. Comes with an unused SKB TSA-approved flight case, tools, strap locks etc.
      I'm only selling because sadly, with no gigs in the diary, something has to go.
      No trades, sorry. Happy for anyone to try/collect from South London/Surrey (KT4). I can arrange delivery at the buyer's expense.

My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/174020-feedback-for-phagor

• By Chienmortbb
      These were fitted to my Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass but as I was having trouble with my shoulder I shelled out for some Gotoh Resolites for the Aerodyne . These  are often described as Smoke Chrome, or Cosmo Black and look great on the bass. They have been identified by @Bassassin as Gotoh GB10s. The tuners will be nicely packed in the Gotoh Packaging pictured (and more). All the fittings are included as can be seen in the puictures. Here are a few scratches as can be seen in the photos but they are in good conditiion for there age and use. As far as I know there are differences between USA, Mexican and Japanese Fenders so please check before you buy. I will of course answer any question and will put some dimensions.

on later.