Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Competition!!

ped

My choice is the late Chris Squire of the band "YES". The bass sound from the Rotosound strings on his Rickenbacker always cuts through with his fine melodic phrases or his deep lows! Listen to the albums "Fragile" or "Close to the Edge" and you'll hear what I mean - awesome!

Mark King. His use of 30-90 set lead me to travel through different tunings and string gauges.

Rotosound. Their roundwounds have given me the dull and thick sound as well as the bright and thin alike. And everything in between.

I am just a dance music player from the background of the dark stage, but the continuous work keeps me playing on a daily basis. This is a lifelong project that gives me incredible feelings gig after gig, rehearsal after rehearsal. You know it, if you have done it.

Our band pays my strings, so if I happened to win, the prize should be adressed to those players that really need them. Our dear @ped certainly has ear to such players.

Glen Hughes 

I remember clearly seeing Deep Purple back in 1974 at the Cardiff Capitol Theatre.   It was the 'Burn' tour. It was the first 'Proper' gig I'd ever been to.  I must have been about 13 years old. Never had I heard a bass sound like that.   I would have been about 8 or 9 rows from the front directly in line with Glen Hughes.   Complete sensory overload.   I've since, seen many bands and great musicians but nothing has had such  a lasting effect as that concert.

• Like 3

Can I have two please?? 😂

I honestly can’t decide between Duff McKagan and Doug Wimbish. 

Duff is one of my earliest recollection of a bass player, and his cutting tone with guns n roses is part of my misspent youth. Later, his tone on the velvet revolver albums was just incredible!

Doug is one of the most under appreciated bass players out there, and he is an amazingly talented player. I love the combination of the roto’s and his Spector bass 😈

The first bass player that caught my attention, way back in 1980 - the incomparable John Deacon

Quite possibly the most underrated bass player of them all, JD remained true to both the song, and to his own craft with melodic, driving, and oftentimes, intricate lines.  But let's face it, who among us has not bobbed their heads to Another One Bites the Dust!!!!

I'll take mine in 6 string sets please 😎

Edited by glassmoon

A years supply you say? 😳

For me I gotta say Bruce Foxton. The guy wrote some genius lines and really pioneered the evolution of what tone can be really achieved. 

I play in a covers band and we hit a few Jam tracks, really gave me some homework to do! 

It's amazing what the first 3 notes of "Town Called Malice" can do to an audience. Need more be said? 

🏻

OK folks, thanks everyone for entering - I've picked the winners and I'm just speaking to Jason at Rotosound now about the final details, so you can expect to hear from me soon if you're a winner!!

Cheers

ped

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3