Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Competition!!

ped

Herbie Flowers for me, he's been on so many amazing albums, and manages to add his own unique sound into a variety of different genres.  He deserves as much recognition as possible, I keep discovering his playing on music I'm listening to (most recently found his playing on some of Harry Nilsson's records) and I no doubt will keep doing so for a long time to come.

Duff McKagan for me, GnR and Duff's sound and style were hugely influential on me as a young bass player, and to this day I still love that crisp, bright, punchy sound of stainless roundwounds. I guess Rotosound formed a huge part of THAT sound that I love too! 

Martin Turner of Wishbone Ash for me. My dad is a huge Wishbone Ash fan and I had no choice to listen to song after song of the Argus album when I was a little’n. Now I class it as one of my favourite albums.

Martin’s bass sound is amazing and when I found out he used swing 66, I bought a set and have never looked back. Amazing strings!

Yeah it has to be Geddy Lee for me too! Amazing tone & tasteful playing on everything he's ever recorded (& even on live recordings on Youtube). Do U guys ever stop to consider what it takes to have such a long career & never make mistakes U'd be ashamed of later? 

i use the Rotosound Black Nylons on my short scale, love them!!! 

those Rotosound would fit perfectly on my two Alembic basses. 

I think there is a strong connection between Alembic and Rotosound! 

Mark King, John Paul Jones, John Entwistle. 

Edited by gorandelac

Chris Squire for me. Spent most of my bass life playing fingerstyle with the treble turned down! Listening to Chris Squire made me really appreciate the pick and the top end! Rotosound strings were integral to his sound!

Edited by steviedee

I'd say Cliff Burton or Geddy Lee. Both brilliant players who were instrumental in laying the groundwork for all the music I know and love today. Cliff is who I would want to be like but I have to admire Geddy for what he does. Honourable mention would be Greg from InMe, great band who don't get the recognition they deserve.

Can't help but be drawn to that swing bass tone haha

Someone a bit off the wall: Richard Siinclair - bassist with  Caravan, Hatfield and the North and, later, Caravan of Dreams.  Although he came to bass late, he held down the bottom end in a maelstrom of jazzy prog-rock psychedelia, no mean feat.

Edited by petecarlton
Incorrect information

My favourite Rotosound endorser is most definitely Geddy Lee. Listening to Permanent Waves back when I was 16 helped open my eyes to rock music and I've been a devotee ever since. With Geddy's bass being such a big part of their sound, it's obvious that Rotosound play an important role in that. If Geddy thinks Rotosound are the strings that perform best for him I think it's hard to not be swayed!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I wouldn't have a clue who uses Rotosound.

Did I win? 

You go to the Rotosound website and look to see who endorses them, and post it on here. 😂

• Thanks 1