Why become a member? ×

DB Bass elbee

Evo - HV

I’ve not used the Elbe range but I own two Embee 12 cabinets and run a Mesa Subway 800 through them . They are rated at 600 watts each and easily handle the power of the Mesa ,.they are great for near- field monitoring , due to the angled speakers (angled upwards ) , and they are very clear and punchy across the whole frequency range . The tweeters are subtle rather than the glassy and sometimes brittle character of some HF units . Two of them stacked up is a huge and exceptionally clear and clean sound . They are reasonably light , though not featherweights, but have cool angled handles which makes the cabs easy to lift . I can carry one in each hand but probably wouldn’t if a flight of stairs were involved.3D5FB080-E954-439F-88C1-E88E42E682F1.thumb.jpeg.3d8ee41f6dbd0ed0ba7ff4ba4ca290d7.jpeg They aren’t the cheapest , mine were 675 a unit , but I’m delighted with them and the company were very helpful and easy to deal with . Worth trying alongside the other cabs in this very competitive sector of the market . 

• Like 1