Why become a member? ×

Anyone remember Ninja basses??

Sagawa

Recently dug out my first ever bass. Still in reasonably good nick despite a camo paint job. I think the brand was 'Ninja' or something. Anyone back me up?

It's a P bass copy. Sturdy AF! Served me well in my first band. 

20190709_120122.jpg

20190709_120145.jpg

Edited by Sagawa
Added pics!
  • Like 1

Yup, I had one, a red P bass copy with white Scratchplate. I bought it from Chappells in Milton Keynes for £120, something like 1990 or so.  Bionathathanabassist or something like that had the body, and I think @Grangur had the neck.

Edited by Si600
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Si600 said:

Yup, I had one, a red P bass copy with white Scratchplate. I bought it from Chappells in Milton Keynes for £120, something like 1990 or so.  Bionathathanabassist or something like that had the body, and I think @Grangur had the neck.

That's what mine was like originally! Maple neck? Pretty solid bass. High mass bridge too!!

Good friend of mine (who got me into bass as a teenager) had a Ninja bass in what must have been around 1991. It was terrible 🙂He ended up taking it back to the shop after 2 weeks because action was so high it was essentially unplayable. He returned with a Westone Thunder, which I later had off him as my first bass,  and never looked back! 

Edited by Mokl

Love the interior of the case @Sagawa that's not being derogatory towards the bass, I just love that colour.

I've never heard of Ninja basses, my 1st bass (and I still have it for sentimental value!) was a red Marlin Slammer P bass copy.

Kept it nice and clean but then lent it to a mate's dad who just started playing bass again after 20 years. It came back to me a few months later with some mojo - chicken head knobs and some lovely dings! It now resides in the super al museum 😊

• Like 1