Why become a member? ×

Patrick Koopman (Steve Vai) 5-String SOLD
£600
Woking

lowregisterhead

For sale is a hand made 5-string by Patrick Koopman (Stevie Vai's guitar tech) in the Netherlands. It weighs in at 3.9 kilos, has a 34" scale, 5-piece maple/wenge graphite reinforced neck, and a rosewood board with 'eye' markers at the 12th fret! 45mm at the nut, an ash body, Bartolini 72MV5K splitable dual coil pickup, with front coil, back coil, series and parallel settings via a rotary switch. Fitted with a Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 3-band preamp, with "slap" setting via pulling out the volume pot. Light weight Schaller carbon fibre/aluminium tuners, ABM Bridge. Spacing is currently set at about 18mm, but is adjustable. Strung with D'Addario EXL170's (45-130).

It's in excellent condition, apart from a small dent in the lower bout, and filled holes where the original string retainer was, which was replaced by the previous owner. It's beautifully made, and has a huge array of sounds, but I've decided that the neck is just a little too slim for my gorilla mitts! When I first saw a picture of this bass on here a year or so ago, it wasn't for sale. I actually contacted Patrick to see what it would cost to build another with similar specs, and he quoted me 2500-2700 Euros, so what I'm asking for it (which is just what I paid for it) is an absolute bargain for a custom built bass.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

This used to be mine. I undersold it on basschat because I was in a bit of a financial hole. Lowregisterhead is passing on at cost,with no profit to himself because he is a nice, honest bloke.  Yep, the neck is slinky, but not overly so. This bass is a companion for life for someone, and a total steal at £600.. This was my main gigging bass, I appreciated it and looked after it, hence the condition..

PINBALL. 

Grab it now..

• Like 3