Why become a member? ×

Gibson 20/20 on t'Bay.

It is the same person as Fly Guitars he bought an old Epiphone off me years ago - decent chap - the pricing of this bass seems a tad ambitious but good luck to him, it’s a rare thing but definitely the Corvus of the Gibson bass world 😉

12 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Why?

Well, I guess when these originally dropped (1987/88) the musical landscape was somewhat different to how it is now and by way of small credit to Gibson, they were trying to do something different.

Conservative estimates have actual production numbers as 'under 50', so it hardly set the world on fire.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well, I guess when these originally dropped (1987/88) the musical landscape was somewhat different to how it is now and by way of small credit to Gibson, they were trying to do something different.

Conservative estimates have actual production numbers as 'under 50', so it hardly set the world on fire.

Possible Investment opportunity? Rarity value. 

3 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Possible Investment opportunity? Rarity value. 

When my dad retired I tried to persuade him in investing in some vintage Gibson and Fenders with his lump sum.

Some 30 years on, sure had you bought wisely, you could have seen your investment triple ir quadruple in value.  

13 hours ago, ash said:

It is the same person as Fly Guitars he bought an old Epiphone off me years ago - decent chap - the pricing of this bass seems a tad ambitious but good luck to him, it’s a rare thing but definitely the Corvus of the Gibson bass world 😉

Yup, it's EvilLordJuju of this forum - I've done a few trades with him, really nice guy and knows more about vintage Gibsons & Epiphones than anyone I know.

Price reflects rarity I think; although there's little love of Gibson basses on BC there's still quite a bit elsewhere -  especially for some of the '80's rarities like this and Flying V basses.   Personally not my thing at all, but if this was at Andy Baxters it'd be going for considerably more the eBay price.