Why become a member? ×

Best day ever turns to worst.

Nibody

Andyjr1515 kindly took time out of his Sunday to sort out the routing to allow me to fit a warwick 3D bridge to my early Warwick Streamer LX 5. Andy is a great guy, very humble about his skills and had agreat time watching him work his magic. While we we there we chatted about a lot of things and I said how difficult the truss rod was to tighten, and that I bet that would be the next thing to go. Drove back home happier than a fat kid in a cake shop, ready to fit the bridge, sort out the new Just-A-Nut III and fit the new pre-amp I had just had delivered from Warwick.

It was all going very well.. TOO well.

So I shim the neck then put the truss rod back under tension - first the allen key slips and strips the socket. Managed to fit a star socket that allowed me to turn it. Started again and....

I am beyond upset =(

fucked.jpg

• Sad 14

3 minutes ago, Nibody said:

Not even a scarf jointed neck.. so much for Warwicks 3 piece Laminate being stronger. Clean break so possibly glueable but complicated by the truss rodd issue.

Oh wow! 

It's no consolation, but it is VERY rare for that to happen just with tensioning up.

On the positive side, that is a very clean break.

If you want to post the neck to me, more than happy to see if I can fix it...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Oh wow! 

It's no consolation, but it is VERY rare for that to happen just with tensioning up.

On the positive side, that is a very clean break.

If you want to post the neck to me, more than happy to see if I can fix it...

Thanks Andy - I had agreat time tody, the old girl decided to pay me back by spoiling it.. lol

I have it clamped and glueing at the moment (have some Alcolin wood glue working its magic - oddly enogh bought it from Crimson Guitars ) but as I said the Truss rod was horribly stiff (and the nut is now ratted) so its not just the break. Grateful of the offer but I dont want to take advantage. If I can't get it playable will probably either try and track down a cheap RB Streamer Standard for a donor neck or bite the bullet and give Warwick one of my kidneys (whole bass has to be shipped to Germany as they will not sell replacement necks even for the rockbass line unless they fit them)

Edited by Nibody
missed a bit

1 hour ago, Nibody said:

Thanks Andy - I had agreat time tody, the old girl decided to pay me back by spoiling it.. lol

I have it clamped and glueing at the moment (have some Alcolin wood glue working its magic - oddly enogh bought it from Crimson Guitars ) but as I said the Truss rod was horribly stiff (and the nut is now ratted) so its not just the break. Grateful of the offer but I dont want to take advantage. If I can't get it playable will probably either try and track down a cheap RB Streamer Standard for a donor neck or bite the bullet and give Warwick one of my kidneys (whole bass has to be shipped to Germany as they will not sell replacement necks even for the rockbass line unless they fit them)

I think you might find it cheaper to pick your top 3 Warwick models and buy one of each secondhand than buy a new neck from Warwick....

7 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I think you might find it cheaper to pick your top 3 Warwick models and buy one of each secondhand than buy a new neck from Warwick....

Yep. €260 plus postage both ways and I believe workshop Fees 😨

2 hours ago, Nibody said:

Yep. €260 plus postage both ways and I believe workshop Fees 😨

Woud be cheaper to hand deliver it.  I've not been to the town they are in but the area itself is quite pleasant.