Why become a member? ×

Spector NS2000/5 or Legend 5?

zbass1976

I'm looking at getting in the mid price range Spector game, and I have a chance at buying an NS2000/5 Holoflash bass for $775. There are also multiple options for the Legend series 5 strings, either standard or classic, and these are a little less expensive. I do know the NS2000/5 are neck thru, but the Legend black cherry finish basses are nice looking. Any thoughts? What would be a reasonable offer for the NS2000/5? Is that a good price as is? Would it be worth it to go with a Legend instead? I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.

I can't speak for the 5ers, but on 4-string basses I've owned both Legends and NS-94s (the series before the NS2000s).  The NS-94 were built to a very high standard indeed and good as the Legends are if I had a straight choice (as in not allowed one of each) I'd reach for the NS-94.

Maybe @cetera could also advise (resident Spector expert)?

• Thanks 1

I'd need to see a pic to know what bass you're looking at because, to my knowledge holoflash was never an option on the NS2000/4 and NS2000/5 range. I know - I tried to order a holoflash NS2000/4.

Sounds to me more like a later Legend thru neck...

4 hours ago, cetera said:

I'd need to see a pic to know what bass you're looking at because, to my knowledge holoflash was never an option on the NS2000/4 and NS2000/5 range. I know - I tried to order a holoflash NS2000/4.

20190707_201238.jpg

20190707_201317.jpg

Screenshot_20190706-104045_eBay.jpg

Hmmm that does look like a NS, the top horn is definitely slim enough. 

I did find this on YouTube earlier, not sure if it is an NS, but that's what the owner in the video has called it... 

11 minutes ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Hmmm that does look like a NS, the top horn is definitely slim enough. 

I did find this on YouTube earlier, not sure if it is an NS, but that's what the owner in the video has called it... 

I saw this video, too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't go wrong with a Legend imo, i picked one up for 300 quid..bought it to try something else away from Fender. Gutted all the electrics, stuck new pickups & preamp in also machine heads. Or just leave it as, cost just over the 600 mark all in..it's a cracking bass, i'm even more surprised i haven't sold it on

On 31/07/2019 at 02:44, Dov65 said:

Can't go wrong with a Legend imo, i picked one up for 300 quid..bought it to try something else away from Fender. Gutted all the electrics, stuck new pickups & preamp in also machine heads. Or just leave it as, cost just over the 600 mark all in..it's a cracking bass, i'm even more surprised i haven't sold it on

I went with the NS2000/5. It's a killer bass!