Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Precision

When lisitings go bad!

Now withdrawn.

IMG_7171 (2).JPG

Edited by Deedee
Withdrawn
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this is still here, given the quality of Classic Vibe Squiers. I've had two (still got one) and I regretted letting the previous one go :(
Utterly superb quality, sound and "feel" to these instruments. The white P basses don't seem to come up too often either (not sure if they didn't make as many as they did in Fiesta Red?)

These are collectors pieces of tomorrow. But I prefer it with the non-original Tort plate BTW :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I'm surprised this is still here, given the quality of Classic Vibe Squiers. I've had two (still got one) and I regretted letting the previous one go :(
Utterly superb quality, sound and "feel" to these instruments. The white P basses don't seem to come up too often either (not sure if they didn't make as many as they did in Fiesta Red?)

Maybe because white one's can be brought brand new for a few quid more.

Nice bass none-the-less. 😎

57 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Maybe because white one's can be brought brand new for a few quid more.

Nice bass none-the-less. 😎

This is a Mk I. The new CV’s aren’t quite the same spec as these original ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Just saying new one's (in white and many other colours) are available. I understand the spec is different, but the CV range old or new are excellent.

Thanks for your input 👍

1 hour ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Just saying new one's (in white and many other colours) are available. I understand the spec is different, but the CV range old or new are excellent.

Yes, people say the new ones are very good. However, the China made CV's are absolutely superb. They were made in the same factory as the Matt Freeman signature basses, which is different factory to the Affinity series instruments. The newer CV's are made in Indonesia - I believe the same factory as the Vintage Modified series. The VM's are really good for the money - but having had both VM and CV basses - the CV's made in China are several steps up from the indonesian made VM series.

I had a Fiesta Red CV and a US made P at the same time - and there really wasn't much in it, quality-wise. Perhaps the pickup on the US and maybe the tuners were better. I now have one of the earlier CV P's in pale blue - and that's even better. I'm sure the new Indonesian range of CV's are good though, but these older China made ones take some beating :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marc S said:

Yes, people say the new ones are very good. However, the China made CV's are absolutely superb. They were made in the same factory as the Matt Freeman signature basses, which is different factory to the Affinity series instruments. The newer CV's are made in Indonesia - I believe the same factory as the Vintage Modified series. The VM's are really good for the money - but having had both VM and CV basses - the CV's made in China are several steps up from the indonesian made VM series.

I had a Fiesta Red CV and a US made P at the same time - and there really wasn't much in it, quality-wise. Perhaps the pickup on the US and maybe the tuners were better. I now have one of the earlier CV P's in pale blue - and that's even better. I'm sure the new Indonesian range of CV's are good though, but these older China made ones take some beating :)

No one is saying the old CV's aren't great. But, if you haven't played one of the new one's, how can you say one is better than the other?

9 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

No one is saying the old CV's aren't great. But, if you haven't played one of the new one's, how can you say one is better than the other?

I didn't - I said the older CV's took "some beating" - as my example, I mentioned both mine were really not far short of a (very good) US P I once had (I sold the US before the CV.... and regretted selling the CV more!)
It was you who in your post, suggested that CV's are "Still available" - they're still available, but being built in a different factory, from different materials, and in a different country

As it happens, two good friends work in local guitar shops (well, one mate actually owns his shop). They both say that the newer CV's are pretty consistent with the other MII instruments..... 

Now, don't you think we should let this sales thread be a sales thread? You're welcome to PM me, if you need any further info, of course

• Thanks 1

It’s after Friday and it’s still here type BUMP 😁

EDIT 30/07

Now £325 delivered to mainland UK as I've just picked up another bass which came with a rather battered Gator hard case which is perfectly useable for shipping this (2 corners broken, dents, scuffs etc).

Edited by Deedee

1 hour ago, stevekendal said:

Do we know what the body wood is?

I believe they’re basswood but I’m not 100% on that. I’ve just searched and found the below (obvs this is for a sonic blue but I’m pretty sure OW would be the same):

Type Electric Bass
Model Name Classic Vibe Precision Bass ’60s
Series Classic Vibe Series
Colors Sonic Blue
Body Basswood
Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
Number of Frets 20 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups 1 Custom Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets
Controls Volume, Tone
Pickup Switching None
Bridge 4Saddle HiMass Bridge
Machine Heads Open Gear Tuning Machines

4 minutes ago, stevekendal said:

Sounds good to me. Would you be insuring it in transit for the full purchase price?

Er, not for £25 no. Please pm me if you’re interested in purchasing.

• ped locked this topic