Why become a member? ×

SOLD PJ P bass, MIJ 62RI neck, Toneriders, HardCase £279 can split.
£299
Bath

oldslapper

PJ bass put together by young @Beedster of this ‘ere gaff. Weighs 9lbs

Neck sourced from USA by Chris, which as you can see had been lacquered at some point, and not finished particularly well at the heel, but never bothered me. Amazing beautiful dark rosewood board with the lovely 62 neck profile (wide-ish, but flatter) very comfy.

He Put it together with this PJ configured P body 

It's been fully shielded, and wired with CTS pots and Tonerider Pickups with V, V, T controls, plus two are push/pull pots which are;

• A series/parallel on the P pickup volume control for the P pickup (single coil type tone)
  • The other putting both jazz and P pickup in series (full big humbucker tone) 

The bass plays nicely, great array of tones, balances well and comes strung with flats and in a hard case and some spare strings. 

I’d prefer to hand over at this stage, either coming to Slappy Towers in Bath, or meet up within a reasonable drive time. I’ll consider postage if there’s no local traffic. 

I may consider separating neck and body if there are a couple of peeps interested in them.

I’m going to say body £180 & neck £120 posted, as long I have both confirmed as wanted. 

Selling as I only have 2 basses at any one time and my Kramer aluminium does all things fretted and I have an incoming fretless. 

Any questions do ask.

Edited by oldslapper
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Raslee said:

I'd certainly be interested in the neck if you decide to split :)

Noted sir. 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, casapete said:

Nice bass - any idea of the weight please? Interested if this knackered old shoulder of mine can support it!

I’ll weigh in a mo and edit post, sorry should have weighed. 

3 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Whole bass is 9lbs. Hope that helps.

Cheers

John 

Thanks John. Although not stupid heavy, it's a bit much for me I'm afraid so I will have to pass.😕

GLWTS, cheers. Pete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve70 said:

hmm, I missed this when Beedster was selling this before...  and I have a spare unused neck... so...

What's the neck pocket width please on this body??

Cheers, Steve

I’ll measure it when I’m home later Steve. 

6 hours ago, Steve70 said:

hmm, I missed this when Beedster was selling this before...  and I have a spare unused neck... so...

What's the neck pocket width please on this body??

Cheers, Steve

Neck heel width is 63.5mm