Why become a member? ×

Bass Gear (the company/shop)

TheGreek

Lazy Saturday afternoon...looking on Google for Bass equipment and looked for "Bass Gear" the shop/company that our own @molan was involved with.

No online shop (anymore) only a FB link (which I don't do). Does anybody know if their still trading? It would be a shame if they've stopped.

I visited the web address a few weeks ago and there was a holding page with a nice graphic saying “We’ll be back up and running soon - website under construction” or words to that effect. 

Then checked it again a few days ago and it’s gone. Not sure what’s going on but I do hope Bass Gear makes a return. We need more outlets for our GAS!!

Hi all,

the business is technically still ‘active’ but the web site needed a complete overhaul and I simply haven’t had time to complete it. 

Unfortunately/fortunately my private marketing consultancy business has really taken off and I can earn more from this in 2-3 days than bass retail can generate in a month!

I’ve been mostly working in movie marketing for about 18 months with a good friend who’s a producer and we have 10 films out this year. 

Current project is working on one with a Biffy Clyro soundtrack so that’s been a lot of fun. 

I have maybe 25-30 basses stashed away to relaunch with including Ritter, Fodera, Alleva Coppolo, Atelier Z, Suhr and a string of vintage Fenders and some JVs as well. 

Just need to find some time to get them all photographed and the site finished. . .

• Like 9

4 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Well done with the new direction you’ve taken. Sounds like a good move.

Dave

It’s mostly going back to my roots Dave - I worked in big studio movie promotion for several years and really enjoyed it. 

Now working with some of the same people but on purely independently produced and financed films. Way smaller budgets but also without all the politics of big Hollywood studio productions.

The biggest bonus is that I can work almost exclusively from home and only have to travel into London about once every 2-3 months instead of every day. We have a very experienced team of people working together and we can short-cut all the time-wasting meetings and ridiculously long conference calls. All our materials sit in a central cloud based storage system and we chat via Skype and WhatsApp :)

Makes it much more relaxing but still fun and, mostly, rewarding as we all deal direct with producers, writers, cast etc - I was most impressed to get Suki Waterhouse asking for my WhatsApp details last week and sending me little messages and requests for help in stuff, lol. 

• Like 5

On 09/07/2019 at 13:17, BigRedX said:

Well done @molan.

However I suggest you read the EULA for WhatsApp very carefully, as their conditions for privacy and data use preclude it from being used as a business communications method in many European countries.

We have discussed this as it happens but we’re waiting for some court rulings as the big corporations take on EU legislation. 

We’re a compact little team of industry veterans and only really use it for short sharp chats rather than as main channel for transferring content. 

Will keep a watching brief on developments though 😉

Congrats on your success with the business Barrie.

I hope you can manage to find the time to re launch Bass Gear, as I always thought you made the effort to give honest and helpful advice.

Best wishes

Cam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1