Why become a member? ×

New pedalboard, velcro side needs changing on all pedals!

JimBobTTD

I have changed up from a Pedaltrain Metro 16 to a T-Rex Tone Trunk as I wanted something a bit larger. I was waiting for a Metro 24 to come up locally for sale, but then this Tone Trunk came up with the power supply at a low price and I snapped it up. 

However, the Tone Trunk comes with the spiky side of the velcro on it, and all nicely glued etc...a fitted velcro mat, if you will. Taking it off and changing it would be daft. So my only option is to change the velcro on the bottom of my pedals to the "hairy" side. [There was a thread about which side should be on pedals a while back...you can see which way I think!]

So, ladies and gentlemen, before I start removing velcro from my pedals and putting on hairy velcro (if I even have any...), is there a better way to do it? A smarter way of reversing the velcro? 

Create some "adapter" by sticking 2 loop velcro strips back to back together?

You then end up with 4 layers of velcro, so it may be a bit wobbly or prone to falling apart. 

Edited by floFC
mixed up my hooks and my loops

Thanks for the suggestion. This is the only way I can think of, but, like you said, it would likely be wobbly and not all that good. 

Time to bite the bullet, perhaps. The thing is...if I find this board too large and want to change down, I shall probably have to do it all over again!

The board looks like this:

ToneTrunk-55-BAG-AND-BOARD-1.jpg

With the velcro attached. I can't be removing that and replacing it with the "right" side - it would never look decent. I'll just change the stuff on the pedals. Truth be told, the glue on the velcro on some of them is coming off anyway.