Why become a member? ×

ICE power module ICE125ASX2 Distributor/Supplier

olipaulo

Hi all!

I have a GK MB212-II that needs the power module replacement. The part number is ICE125ASX2.

Screenshot_20190705-121704_eBay.thumb.jpg.31b371e9832c17425f737f6be49a6d21.jpg

I can only seem to find suppliers from China or USA. Can anyone recommend a UK/European supplier/distributor to get one of those, without the weeks waiting or possible import tax fees?

Thank you!

Edited by olipaulo

46 minutes ago, olipaulo said:

Hi all!

I have a GK MB212-II that needs the power module replacement. The part number is ICE125ASX2.

Screenshot_20190705-121704_eBay.thumb.jpg.31b371e9832c17425f737f6be49a6d21.jpg

I can only seem to find suppliers from China or USA. Can anyone recommend a UK/European supplier/distributor to get one of those, without the weeks waiting or possible import tax fees?

Thank you!

ICE is B2B only. You'll need to go through an authorised repair centre to get a new unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: bought one from China, via eBay. It simply blew up when powered. Returning it at the moment.

I've also been chatting with @Chienmortbb, who has been very useful! I've even suggested a Chinese ICE blind test at the next SW Bash... To see which one would blow up first!😁

1 hour ago, olipaulo said:

Update: bought one from China, via eBay. It simply blew up when powered. Returning it at the moment.

I've also been chatting with @Chienmortbb, who has been very useful! I've even suggested a Chinese ICE blind test at the next SW Bash... To see which one would blow up first!😁

If the existing one is dead - and this new one blew up when powered... is it just the ICE board that is at fault? Have you got some output shorted?

2 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

If the existing one is dead - and this new one blew up when powered... is it just the ICE board that is at fault? Have you got some output shorted?

For what I've been told by the tech guy (it's at a repair shop in Taunton), he didn't connected everything back into the amp. He powered it "outside" the amp.

• 4 weeks later...

Note that virtually all of the Chinese IcePower 125ASX2 modules being sold on eBay are counterfeits. 

The original manufacturer of your amp should be able to supply the part, though many will only supply them to authorized service facilities.

• Like 1