Why become a member? ×

1U rackmount effects

lushuk

tc electronic (1140, 1210, 1220, 1280 etc.), Tom Scholz Rockman, Boss (1/2 rack units, thank you b7I4s), Alembic (superfilter and preamp), Drawmer (all those compressors)... there are lots of manufacturers and units. I think that you should look after 1980's and 1990's stuff. At the time people (especially those 6-stringers) had enormous systems which contained downright everything. Some players like Stuart Hamm were nearly exceptions: he only had a wire between his bass and amp.

Edited by itu

+1 to the Boss 1/2 rack units - I had a bunch of them until quite recently, and most were fine with bass, if a bit dated sound-wise. I'm sure that there may have been some ART 1u FX units, and Yamaha did a few too, including the SPX90 II, with it's well known Duff McKagan association (and now over-priced as a result). I can't think of much new stuff, apart from some preamps which might be able to offer the drive side of what you're looking for, but others might know better.

An ADA MB1 would give you all the overdrive, distortion and chorus you could ever need and it’s 1u! Good luck finding one though.

My honest option would be to go 2u and buy a L6 Bass POD XT Pro. Cheap as chips, readily available 2nd hand and can probably do all the effects you want plus a shed load of other stuff.

Edited by NoirBass

Definitely more choice available in 2u format... if you can do it. The Line 6 mentioned is very good, or even the much-maligned Behringer V-Amp pro - even cheaper and capable enough for many people (including me) once you've worked out how to use it. The manual is pants! I know lots of people have legitimate complaints about Behringer, but I've had more nice surprises than nasty ones with their gear, and assuming you are not touring the world in an old van where stuff will have a very hard life, it's not as fragile as some would have you believe.