Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***FS FENDER FSR DELUXE PRECISION BASS SPECIAL SURF GREEN METALLIC
£600

*****PRICE REDUCED NOW £570 INC UK SHIPPING********

Best Fender I've ever played, really don't want to part with it but needs must. In excellent condition bar one knock, which is pictured, bought it like that, but has no affect on play-ability. PJ Pickups, Active. Thumb Rest has been removed. Comes with fender gig bag. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A VERY RARE MODEL, LIMITED RUN.

Here's the detail :

This Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special Surf Green Metallic will be available in very limited quantities. This beautiful special edition instrument is sure to be an instant classic. It features active electronics and comes with a deluxe gig bag.

FENDER FSR DELUXE PRECISION BASS SPECIAL SURF GREEN METALLIC

The Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special features a fully bound Maple fingerboard with block inlays. The PJ pickup configuration and three-band active EQ offers plenty of tonal versatility. The bridge pickup is a Jazz Bass Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless version and in the middle is a Vintage-Style Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup. You can blend between each pickup with the pan control. This FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special also features a rock solid Fender 4 saddle Hi-Mass bridge and side mounted jack. The Surf Green Metallic finish along with 3 ply parchment scratchplate and Maple neck gives this bass instant appeal. It looks almost identical to last years FSR Deluxe PJ Bass in Sea Foam Pearl.

The Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special Surf Green Metallic combines classy aesthetics with tonal versatility and amazing value. You best be quick if you want to bag yourself one of these, they will not hang around for long!

Full Description

Features/Specifications:

Body & Bridge:

·        Body: Alder

·        Body Shape: Precision Bass

·        Colour: Sea Foam Metallic

·        Bridge: High Mass 4 Saddle Bass

Neck & Fingerboard:

·        Neck: Maple

·        Neck Shape: 70s Jazz Bass

·        Fingerboard: Maple

·        Number of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo

·        Position Inlays: Black Block

·        Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)

·        Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)

·        Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)

·        Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt

·        Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment

Electronics & Hardware:

·        Pickup Configuration: S/S

·        Middle Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass

·        Bridge Pickup: Dualcoil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces

·        Hardware: Chrome

·        String Nut: Synthetic Bone

Strings & Accessories:

·        Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045, .065, .080, .100)

·        Accessories: Gig Bag

Ebay 001.jpg

Ebay 002.jpg

Ebay 003.jpg

Ebay 004.jpg

Ebay 005.jpg

Ebay 006.jpg

Ebay 007.jpg

fender-fsr-deluxe-precision-bass-special-surf-green-metallic.jpg

preview.jpg

Edited by The GroovyPlucker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

It is, Jazz profile, very similar to the Japanese Geddy Lee......

According to legend, these had the Geddy Lee neck as production of the GL Jazz had only just moved to Mexico.

I had one of these active ones and they are incredible. I think it was something silly like moving to 5 string that caused me to sell it - silly in the fact that I am now permanently playing 4 strings basses. Bah

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

Have you modded this to active & passive? This model was on general sale for a while & were, AFAIA, active only.

The previous years passive the advert refers to was made for GC in the States (in Sea Foam Pearl & Black) only 6 of each of these passives reaching the UK.

2 hours ago, Tommygingell said:

If only it was passive

That would be easy to do with a set of EMG Geezer Butler pickups. I had a fault with the preamp on mine and I managed to fit the full 3 band EMG EQ inside the control cavity as well as 2 9v batteries inside the battery compartment.

Alternatively the pickups of your choice with a prewired solderless harness. You could do either and still be able to put it back to stock if you sold it.

Edited by Delberthot

Glad this bass came up, 'cos it's jogged a memory that was bugging me, as I KNEW I had one of these actives from new. That I sold to pay for the passive.

Anyway,

this 2012 active was the "standard" Factory Special Run".

My 2012 passive was the Guitar Center commissioned Factory Special Run.

Both models were made at around the same time (my passive serial number is about 150 before this bass).

BUT!!!

The 6 Sea Foam Pearl & 6 Black passives came to the UK AFTER the active version, as they were brought from Guitar Centre stock left over.

SO glad I've finally remembered :)

Tommy, it's a relatively cheap & easy conversion to passive, you've got a lot more chance of getting this version than the original passive.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Original run was 200 black, 300 green passives for GC. Only 6 of each left the states Groovy.

How do you find this stuff out? I was just wondering how many of my FSR Mustangs came to the UK . . . . . 

• Like 1

Sadly a lot of the stuff I had was lost with the last 2 BC upgrades, which is why I couldn't quite remember how I'd got the passive AFTER the active.

And my memory is frankly poop now (saving the expletives filter time there) :P

11 minutes ago, King Tut said:

How do you find this stuff out? I was just wondering how many of my FSR Mustangs came to the UK . . . . . 

Fender Forum & Talk Bass are both great starting points, but you often wade through a lot of haystacks.

But it saves making conversation with Her Who Makes Toast By Breathing On Bread. :|

On 05/07/2019 at 15:25, Delberthot said:

I might be making this up but with the active FSR there were 250 made and 100 came to Europe. That could be complete garbage though  O.o

Correct 100 allocated for Europe. BUT only 99 survived. I ordered mine from a UK retailer and was shipped direct from Fender's EU distribution centre but it arrived with a broken neck, I returned it and a second arrived in perfect condition. A fantastic bass! One I will never part with. GLWTS 

• Like 1

I have one of these - amazing bass that can cover any sound you want! Mine has since been upgraded with a flashy John East preamp (which sounds monstrous) but the stock version you have is also the dogs danglies :)

Thoroughly recommended to anyone wanting a very comfortable, fast neck, do-all styles bass.....

GLWTS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flippyfloop said:

This looks fantastic. What's the weight please ?

Not exactly sure, pretty standard P Body weight, but not very heavy, neck is very light, pretty heavy lacquer like a japanese model, but overall not heavy at all,  extremely well balanced bass, and it's awesome also, tis ending on ebay tonight at 7pm,

Cheers

Mark