Why become a member? ×

spec of my fender precission

J66Bass

hella basschatters . i need your help . I'm thinking perhaps changing the pick up for some 64 custom pick up on my favorite bass but before i do i need to find or perhaps someone know what is the spect of my precision standard2010  US11294739 60 th year anniversary as i mention it s a standard US precision in rosewood neck in can light cream white colour . i really appreciate and could do with some help , i google it but went no where. i also heard some standard were filed with some 64 pick up ...thanks JM

This post is very confusing.  Really not sure what you want.  Can you include a picture of your bass?  In 2010, the 60th year anniversary goes back to 1950.  The first Precision was sold in 1951!  Also, none of them had rosewood necks until much later.  You also mention 1964, so please add some clarity to your post.

Further, why do you want to change the pickups?

Peace

Davo

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much and sorry for English writing Lol,I’m thinking to perhaps change my pickup to some 64 custom pickup, but some how I heard some standard were originaly build with some 64 custom pick up  straight from the factory (maybe I miss heard and getting confused) I like to know what is  the pick up I have on my beloved fender,thanks again for responding and your passion,Jm

1C572588-EFFB-4899-81F1-FA7D8183D2E1.jpeg

2DAF0598-CE7A-4713-AFBF-B08422954195.jpeg

688C36B7-E359-4D0C-8283-B36865FF55E3.jpeg

60B0DFC6-049E-47A0-BE4F-0348A88A4EE2.jpeg

• Like 1

The serial number indicates it's a 2011 model.  in 2011 Fender celebrated 60 years of the Precision bass and every bass of that year had a commemorative neck plate.  This does not make them an Anniversary model. 

There was a special 60th anniversary precision bass - the Blackguard Blond model - but yours isn't one.

Your bass is a standard US model from that year. It comes with the standard 61276/7 split coil pickups. From 2012 on, Fender fitted Custom Shop 62s instead. You can buy the customer shop pickups separately so if you wanted to upgrade then this would be a good start.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 64 precision pickup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes the Custom Shop 62s sounds quite a bit different to those in the 2011 model, more rich and vintage sounding whereas the 2011s I found to be more scooped and modern sounding. As the 62s are my all time fave I’ll happily recommend them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yes the Custom Shop 62s sounds quite a bit different to those in the 2011 model, more rich and vintage sounding whereas the 2011s I found to be more scooped and modern sounding. As the 62s are my all time fave I’ll happily recommend them.

Just put them in my two recent builds, bloody epic things!

• Like 1

being a bit more serious, I didn't know about the 63s and at UK prices they're a tenner more as you say. 

Without hearing them,  all I could do is compare the graphics,  63 first then 62

Capture.PNG.f167113c9bd29074b6e5c1ce34f735c5.PNG

Capture2.PNG.c84a631f35cb8baaaf1514ff5adb89f3.PNG

Edited by Muppet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

And I know how much you love yours précision in fact I became a precision player because of many interesting things you say about then .

• Like 1