Why become a member? ×

Barefaced video

ben4343

To be fair he did make the valid point that not everyone has good PA support and that these cabs are more for those people and bands etc

but will it bleed into vocal mics, maybe not as much if positioned correctly 

Edited by Cuzzie

58 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

To be fair he did make the valid point that not everyone has good PA support and that these cabs are more for those people and bands etc

but will it bleed into vocal mics, maybe not as much if positioned correctly 

I think the answer is, as proven in the video, it will, no question. Off axis response with that Rode mic is considerable... especially when you compare to the behaviour observed with the other cab.

So yes, all the other mics in stage, including vocal will be picking up more guitar than when you use another type of cab.

It's a case of compromise... in the pub situation, the directional element that is typical observed by the audience will be greatly reduced... at the cost of more spillage into any open mics across the stage. It's how well you can balance that which will be key... because at the end of the day, having the vocals sit above the instrumentation is of highest importance.

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I think the answer is, as proven in the video, it will, no question. Off axis response with that Rode mic is considerable... especially when you compare to the behaviour observed with the other cab.

So yes, all the other mics in stage, including vocal will be picking up more guitar than when you use another type of cab.

It's a case of compromise... in the pub situation, the directional element that is typical observed by the audience will be greatly reduced... at the cost of more spillage into any open mics across the stage. It's how well you can balance that which will be key... because at the end of the day, having the vocals sit above the instrumentation is of highest importance.

I agree with that except one point, when I sing, it’s better the instruments are louder

• Haha 2