Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Gallien Krueger 1001RBii MINT Condition.
£400
BIGGAR

GK1001RBii in mint conditions. This amp has no marks, scratches or dents as shown in the pics. Looking for £400 plus P&P (including full insurance) which i think is a fair price for an "as new" condition amp.  (Currently £769 in GAK)

Still have the original manual, box and packaging  (Rack is not included)

Had this a few yrs as a back up to my Ampeg SVT 4 Pro but never actually used. I've taken it to rehearsals on very rare occasions maybe 3-4 times to see how it sounds. Its been kept in a rack unit as shown in pics and used in the house a few times. I took the feet off to put in my rack but will either refit or include in the box along with screws.

Its a great amp head and can produce anything from clean to that dirty GK sound we all know. Very powerful amp and rated at 700W + 50W when bi-amped for tweeter output.

If you're reading this you'll know just how reliable and well built these amps are. 

You'll know all its features including Contour, Presence and Boost feature to get that dirty GK tone.

Dave

DSCN1460.JPG

DSCN1462.JPG

DSCN1463.JPG

DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1465.JPG

DSCN1469.JPG

DSCN1470.JPG

DSCN1471.JPG

DSCN1474.JPG

DSCN1475.JPG

DSCN1473.JPG

Edited by dmccombe7

Great amp and price! I've been using these for nearly ten years now, and mine have never missed a beat or been lacking for tone and volume/headroom. ( I run mine into an 8ohm cab too.) At 22lbs not a back breaker either, perfect compromise between class D portability and old school heavy iron.

GLWTS Dave.

• Like 1

Cheers Pete,

My Ampeg was very temperamental and unreliable whereas these amps are renowned for their build quality. Great back up amp to have around but seems a bit overkill now that i don't have the Ampeg.

Since selling the Ampeg this is now completely redundant and no point in it sitting in its box when someone can get the use of a great amp.

I've experimented at home with the amp and it's a very versatile piece of kit. Can't really fault it in that respect.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

I had one of these and loved it!! Great sound! I sold it to go back to EBS which is a great sound too,but I miss the GK power!

It def is a powerful amp.

Oddly enough our guitarist is selling me his EBS Reidmar 750 that he no longer uses. I like a back up amp and it’s a lightweight amp too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought someone would have jumped at having one of these in MINT condition at this price.

Where's all the GK love these days. ?

Powerful, reliable and well laid out with great features. What more do you need in a bass amp ?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...