Why become a member? ×

Hi there basschatters

SteveH

Hi there, to all the basschat community. I've been using basschat for a few years now, but never signed up. But found the resource invaluable a times, and highly entertaining and amusing..... some of the rants are priceless, glad to see I'm not alone. Anyway I've been playing.....jeez 40 years !!! (Where did that go) gigging for most of that time. Still gigging, been in a Jam tribute band for last 7 years,  got the obligatory Ric*#*#er 4003, love/ hate relationship, got a MIJ Fender jazz 62 ri 1994 Trace Elliott 300w head  from the early 90s, Markbass 410 , and Ampeg d i , not fancy gear but does the job.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2019 at 15:09, police squad said:

yeah Hi Steve. What's your jam tribute called. (I have played with Total Jam a few times)

We're called "small weller"  because the singer is only about 5'2"😀   We do a mixture of Wellers solo material and The Jam. It's good fun. We are now working on just a Jam set , as a 3 piece. I'll have to check you out.

On 10/08/2019 at 18:39, SteveH said:

We're called "small weller"  because the singer is only about 5'2"😀   We do a mixture of Wellers solo material and The Jam. It's good fun. We are now working on just a Jam set , as a 3 piece. I'll have to check you out.

That's great. We also do a Weller tribute called, Stanley Road in which I play guitar

23 hours ago, SteveH said:

Nice one, we seem to do almost identical sets. Where are you guys based . We're in Manchester

South east kent.

Total Jam have their own bass player . I played with them at the start (cue bass line, ) and for a bit a few years ago.

I must admit to really liking the Paul Weller stuff, especially The Style Council number we do. (and I get to play all the guitar solos, which is a change for me these days)

On 03/07/2019 at 13:25, SteveH said:

not fancy gear but does the job.

Excellent opener, I reckon I need reminding sometimes... knobs n switches hold a fatal fascination :) But fact is a Trace head through a decent cab still does the job and then some.

2 hours ago, Soledad said:

Excellent opener, I reckon I need reminding sometimes... knobs n switches hold a fatal fascination :) But fact is a Trace head through a decent cab still does the job and then some.

Yeah the Trace head is punchy as you like, and pretty much bomb proof.

2 hours ago, police squad said:

South east kent.

Total Jam have their own bass player . I played with them at the start (cue bass line, ) and for a bit a few years ago.

I must admit to really liking the Paul Weller stuff, especially The Style Council number we do. (and I get to play all the guitar solos, which is a change for me these days)

Yeah I enjoy playing the Weller set more than The Jam. Although most audiences go mental for The Jam. Foxton wrote many great bass lines, it's just I feel I can sit in the pocket of a Weller groove more comfortably. Doing a 90 mins set of The Jam is knackering.....but I love it.

2 hours ago, Soledad said:

Although I would like some fancy donkey gear. 😁