Why become a member? ×

I've done a very stupid thing. Ebay bid dilemma

Guest MoJo

Guest MoJo
3 minutes ago, Teebs said:

I'm sure you're right - I never claimed to be an expert on taxonomy or mices... :)

My daughter has four rats. Three fancy rats and a Rex Rat but no Dumbos

41 minutes ago, MoJo said:

My daughter has four rats. Three fancy rats and a Rex Rat but no Dumbos

My lad had a rat (called Basil). Unfortunately. Basil had to go and live at a rat rehabilitation center (due to son feeding him steak by hand, which apparently is what turned Basil into a maneater   vampire). 😬

Edited by Ricky 4000
accuracy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I think it's a little unfair to incarcerate a rat because of his sex-life.

I didn't mean 'maneater' in the Hall & Oates sense (😄)... actually, it was the wrong word anyway. Basil was more like a vampire... he would politely open up you finger (or ear), for a snack.

Anyway, the rat trainer who took him away said he would have a very happy life in the school of rats. 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MoJo said:

Picked the bass up yesterday. Couldn’t resist having a little ‘go’, which only confirmed that I can’t play a six string bass

Now for sale here

40C08F3F-5705-420C-844D-41C8D28F8D14.thumb.jpeg.91917e56ccb9ffefd4e3e6806e9606ef.jpeg

Have to say, that looks really nice, especially given asking price :i-m_so_happy:

i was even stupider a few years ago, and after years of playing only 4's, on impulse bought a Listerud Totem 7 on BC.  Fabulous bass, I but very soon realised it was beyond me, and apart from a brief dialliance with a Paulman 5 stuck to 4's ever since.

On 03/07/2019 at 13:52, petebassist said:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 'pull-out clause' on this site or a whole raft of them in the legal page, check the small print.

Well, there is. I found out about it the hard way. I've maybe have mentioned this elsewhere but I sold an electronic circuit. It was bought within the hour and buyer duly paid. Seven hours later, he emailed me to say that he'd 'changed his mind' and could I refund him. Initially, I refused, as a deal is a deal in my books on ebay. He got shirty with me, saying he'd send the kit back if I posted it.

Lomg Long story short, it seems that buyers can request a refund through change of mind on Ebay. He eventually got his refund. 

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

A little mouse with clogs on.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why mice don't play 5 or 6 string basses!

The clogs get in the way!

(and their hands / feets are too small aswell)

:) 👍

On 04/07/2019 at 22:22, skankdelvar said:

Titan = Despotic marionette ruler of vast undersea realm, his reign enforced by '000's of spiky headed goons in 'terrifying' mechanical fish;

I think that he had just two goons,  they just moved around a lot to create the illusion of '000s...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2019 at 22:27, Shaggy said:

Anyone remember Marine Boy and his Oxygum? (enabled him to breathe underwater) :scratch_one-s_head:

When I was a kid we thought it was hilarious to say "This is oxygum - we put it up our bottoms so we can fat underwater".

Ah, the joys of youth...

33 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Didnt Calimero play congas in his bsnd??

Yes he did but was fired after personal tensions developed between the two anthopomorphs. Topo Gigio explained later that when he was around Calamero 'it always felt I was walking on eggshells'.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

Er......

There on the stair.

Where on the stair?

Right there!

A little mouse with clogs on.

WTF?

(Must stop eating those brownies......)

Bizarrely that song has been on a loop in my head for about 2 weeks after it featured in something I watched on the telly (Killing Eve maybe?).

Reading this has just set it off again, so thanks for that.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Yes he did but was fired after personal tensions developed between the two anthopomorphs. Topo Gigio explained later that when he was around Calamero 'it always felt I was walking on eggshells'.

Yeh, I heard about the firing. At a press conference after the announcement,  he claimed 'It's an injustice,  it is!'.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cato said:

Bizarrely that song has been on a loop in my head for about 2 weeks after it featured in something I watched on the telly (Killing Eve maybe?).

Reading this has just set it off again, so thanks for that.

Always happy to help 😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cato said:

Bizarrely that song has been on a loop in my head for about 2 weeks

My problem is that the song title An Old Windmill in Amsterdam immediately reminded me of the Max Bygraves 'hit' Tulips From Amsterdam and now I can't get that song out of my head.

'When it's spring again, I bring again...'

Max-Bygraves-Tulips-From-Amsterdam-1958.

Tulips song: Weapons-grade schlock

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

My problem is that the song title An Old Windmill in Amsterdam immediately reminded me of the Max Bygraves 'hit' Tulips From Amsterdam and now I can't get that song out of my head.

'When it's spring again, I bring again...'

Max-Bygraves-Tulips-From-Amsterdam-1958.

Tulips song: Weapons-grade schlock

'Ere, I wanna terr yew a stowry.....

My grandma's favourite.

• Like 2