Why become a member? ×

July Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

It's July already! Time for another Composition Challenge...

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, Dad3353:

Circ_Hive_Repe.jpg

Rules:

Check you have permission to use any samples

Keep it under 5 minutes and write it during the month of the challenge

No excessive swearing

No bagpipes

The deadline for entries is midnight on Wednesday 24th July.

14 hours ago, Mornats said:

I think I'm partly responsible for the bagpipes ban. Not that I ever used them, I think I just mentioned in passing that I *may* use them.

The threat was sufficient to warrant pre-emptive measures.

And to be clear: my Irish kin are also guilty of flaunting the occasional bagpipe. Disgusting behaviour.

Here is my contribution to the July 2019 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by the previous winner: myself..!
It may be apparent that there is a definite Chorale element to this merry opus; after all, that's what the picture shows us, with the added bonus of featuring Our Daughter in the photo..!
A tapestry of sound, woven with wefts of many hues, mixing Philharmonik and other choirs with Kontakt backing singers, plus Alter Ego solo voices scanding lyrics of sorts (given below, just the same...). Not much profound poetry in there, I'm afraid, but 'interesting' interplays occur for brief moments, to my cloth ears at least. The only instrument is a Roland piano.
Each track has its own specific treatment, consisting of relevant Cockos compression and EQ, and occasional Neutrino polish. The whole is NY bussed, then Ozoned into submission.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.
Lyrics ...
Please sing this short text for me (now...)
Please I want this text to be sung
Sing this text for me (right...) now please
This short text is to be sung (now...)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

Odd entry into this months basschat comp. Picture for "inspiration" chosen by last months winner Dad..
Guitar,shabby vocals and keyboards are me unfortunately..loopy drum thingy from loopmasters.

I really liked the picture Dad, but sadly cannot do it justice !!!!

• Like 1

I should be back in the saddle this month , the toon is done but the vocal is shyte , I suspect it shall remain so :D

i find it far harder to do these in the summer, the garden beckons , in fact all outdoors beckons , shutting the doors in the music room on myself doesn’t appeal the same as it does in the winter 

On 22/07/2019 at 20:31, fingers211 said:

Oooooh Lurks, I dream of a music room !!

Have to wait untill they go shopping or visit her mum, or go to bed early, then all the gear (computer and focusrite) gets put on dining table and away we go.

Before that , t'was a 'ole in t'ground !!😁

I admire your dedication dude , I only recently found out why I have got a music room , apparently Mrs Lurks' grandad had a baby grand , an organ, a euphonium, and a few other instruments that escape me , all in the front parlor of the house, thats why I am allowed one xD  , though in honesty I didnt really seek permission , i just built it :D

Anyway  , enough distractions , Ive got five songs to learn for a wedding gig rehearsal tommorrow night !

I offer you      SOLO