Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Gibson EB-3L 1974/1975 walnut (partial trades negotiable)
£1250
Netherlands

Gibson EB-3L 1974/1975

Up for sale is a very cool longscale version of the Gibson EB-3. It´s hard to read the serial number bacause of the lacquer, but I think it reads 506749, which would make it a 1974/1975. There weren´t too much of these basses sold apprantly (782 finished in walnut between 1971-1977), which makes them pretty scarce.

Some pictures:

h0sN5Mn.jpg

hBGuRcq.jpg

i69YNhY.jpg

gU5MIuI.jpg

y4CufMt.jpg

mB9TDom.jpg

7odSCWV.jpg

lKCuYlE.jpg

JKFxJvd.jpg

JYK3MCo.jpg

JSPExiX.jpg

eHqvaAg.jpg

LjbafIu.jpg

bKpRpXZ.jpg

Overall shape of the bass is good. The neck is straight and well adjustable, and the frets are in good condition too (refret). All hardware and electronics work like they should. Of course the bass has gathered some minor damages in it´s 45 years of existense. The strapbutton near the neck has probably been relocated a few times, which left a few extra holes. The strapbuttons mounted are not original, but I have a new set of original Gibson strapbuttons that I will include in the sale.

This bass has a lovely neck that plays great. It has Fender flatwounds 45-100 mounted for a characterfull sound, the EB-3L loves flats :). Soundwise this bass is a great fit for classic rock per example. Ive played it mainly in position one with only the neck pickup engaged, I liked that one the most. Because of the relocated pickup poistion of the 70s models, they sound more defined than an EB3 with the pickup closer to the neck. My experience is a comparision with an epiphone EB3, which got lost in my band´s sound. This EB-3L didn´t.

As much as I like this bass, I don´t really need it in my band. So it may shift to compensate for the Stingray I purchased. 

Im asking €1.400 (which is about 1.250 gbp)

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship wthin Europe/UK. Costs wil be from around 35 euro´s and up, depending on location and insurance.

Please do not hestitate to contact me if you have any questions.

No 1-1 trades please. I might consider partial trades though. I could use a good fretless (blade or fender JB special per example). 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 3

• MB1 locked this topic