Why become a member? ×

Westone Spectrum, £50 BIN!

22 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’d say £50 would be £40 too much. Is that a Jim deacon neck on a west one body? 🤮

I think you'd be wrong, considering it's fitted with a Schaller 3D bridge that would be at least £60 new. Westone Thunder 1A body & electronics means it's £100+ worth of parts, even if the neck's junk.

• Like 1

Spotted this as it's local to me so crops up on my 5 mile bass search, noticed the junker neck but not the Schaller bridge. There was a black Westone on my local FB (all original) for £35 not so long ago, don't need any more basses though so left it for someone else. 

14 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Could that be a DiMarzio Pickup? or are there any other P-bass pickups with hex adjustable poles?

Likely it's the standard unit - lots of early 80s MIJ stuff (including Westone) had DiM copies with hex poles. Easy way to check is whether the poles are metric or imperial.

There were Schaller hex-pole pickups too - had a dud one in a used bass a few years back.

• Like 1