Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sadowsky content

ianrendall

37 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I'd be a bit worried about the weight of that, it's taking three of them to hold it up and the neck dive looks hideous. 🤣

Would you believe the cardboard packaging actually weighs more than the bass. Lift up the Gator case it came in and you’d genuinely think there wasn’t a bass inside!

Light as it is, it STILL plays the same wrong notes as all my previous basses.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

Would you believe the cardboard packaging actually weighs more than the bass. Lift up the Gator case it came in and you’d genuinely think there wasn’t a bass inside!

Light as it is, it STILL plays the same wrong notes as all my previous basses.

Yes I would believe it, I have 2 chambered basses that fit that description (it's mad what luthiers can do and still maintain balance).

Yep, I have a number of basses and guitars that seem to put out the wrong notes, I'm thinking of sending them back to the shop.

4 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Yes I would believe it, I have 2 chambered basses that fit that description (it's mad what luthiers can do and still maintain balance).

Yep, I have a number of basses and guitars that seem to put out the wrong notes, I'm thinking of sending them back to the shop.

I was astounded at the lightness of it. I didn’t get an NYC just to be frivolous and show off (well, a bit) but because I get a bad back, otherwise I might have got a Metro. 

Fabulous looking beast, especially the fretboard and the signature on the headstock is a nice touch too. I have no doubt that you’ll be enjoying that for many years to come. Out of idle interest, what weight did come in at?

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Fabulous looking beast, especially the fretboard and the signature on the headstock is a nice touch too. I have no doubt that you’ll be enjoying that for many years to come. Out of idle interest, what weight did come in at?

I don’t actually know! I’ll weigh it tomorrow and report back. Watching Sex and the City 2 (guilty pleasure) at the moment with the wife. 🤷‍♀️