Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sadowsky content

ianrendall

Thank you each. 

It took me MONTHS to decide on the colour. I very very nearly went for shoreline gold. But I wanted something that hadn’t been used on a satin before, but also something that looks ‘traditional’. As far as I know, this is the only satin in this colour. 

9 hours ago, CameronJ said:

It looks so svelte!

It does! I think the jazz bodies are slightly smaller than normal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

It does! I think the jazz bodies are slightly smaller than normal.

Yeah they’ve definitely shaved off a bit of bulk here and there. Looks fantastic. I’m a bit jealous :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Very nice - who are the dudes in the pic (I recognise Roger in the middle)

The one on the right is Lisa Ellis Hahn (Shop Manager)

The one on the left  is Chris Arena, who according to the Sadowsky site builds most of the Satin bass models. 

I just checked the Sadowsky site for the first time in ages (it looks so much better than before). There is now a 'staff' section: https://www.sadowsky.com/the-staff/

Thank you for all your likes. Much appreciated. 
Quick update. The bass will be with me tomorrow. Here are some numbers to help anyone else out with costings and import duty. 
The bass was $3199 USD, shipping was $144 USD. The tax bill, which I received electronically while the FedEx jet is actually still in the air halfway across the Atlantic (flight no. FX36, MD-11F Indiana to Stansted) came to £277 GBP which is a lot less than the £600 GBP that I had somehow arrived at.

Expect pictures of the bass in several pieces soon as the UK handlers inevitably play cricket with it. 

Edited by ianrendall
I made an spelling errors.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ped said:

Who's Pega Fadowsly? 🤣

Damn. Should I not have bought it from AliExpress?

I think I know why my import bill was so much lower than it should have been. The Sadowsky invoice that customs would have looked over was $2000 short! A 1 instead of a 3! Lucky mistake or deliberate middle finger to ‘the Man’?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

Damn. Should I not have bought it from AliExpress?

I think I know why my import bill was so much lower than it should have been. The Sadowsky invoice that customs would have looked over was $2000 short! A 1 instead of a 3! Lucky mistake or deliberate middle finger to ‘the Man’?

Lucky for you in more ways than one - it could have been delayed or kept by customs for that. I wonder! Anyway nice move Pega!!