Nibody

Anyone replaced the bridge on an older Warwick Rockbass with the newer 2 part type?

Have a 5 string 2007 Rockbass Streamer LX I recently bought to keep my 4 string Vampyre RB company. I also have in my possesion a 5 string 2 piece warwick "3D" bridge. You can see where I am going with this...

Does anyone have any pointers/diagrams/templates/advice on fitting the 3D in place of the older Fender type high mass? Particularly the depth of rout the bridge and tailpiece sit in? Or (as I am more of a hobbyist) suggest someone in the midlands who could do the routing for me? I have no issues with reparing empty screw holes etc myself but the thought of wrecking the bass by messing up the routing is a bit unnerving..

Hi

I have fitted 4 string and 6 string versions of the Warwick two-part bridge on scratch built and part built bodies.

4 string version on my own bubinga fretless:

IMG_6325.thumb.JPG.73ffea0629c0dcffbb9e8d52b81680fe.JPG

And a six string version on @eude 's six string wonder:

_MG_7320.thumb.JPG.db5eb2c4294f282ed324d57cbd305b4a.JPG

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you?  I'm Derby.  Happy to take a look or just talk you through it.  Drop me a PM if you want to talk further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Hi

I have fitted 4 string and 6 string versions of the Warwick two-part bridge on scratch built and part built bodies.

4 string version on my own bubinga fretless:

IMG_6325.thumb.JPG.73ffea0629c0dcffbb9e8d52b81680fe.JPG

And a six string version on @eude 's six string wonder:

_MG_7320.thumb.JPG.db5eb2c4294f282ed324d57cbd305b4a.JPG

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you?  I'm Derby.  Happy to take a look or just talk you through it.  Drop me a PM if you want to talk further.

Those are two nice looking bits of wood. Thanks Andy - Im in Tamworth (about 30/40 mins away). Will drop you a PM later when I have more time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nibody said:

Those are two nice looking bits of wood. Thanks Andy - Im in Tamworth (about 30/40 mins away). Will drop you a PM later when I have more time.

My 6er is wonderful! @Andyjr1515 certainly know's what he's doing!

Eude

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, blablas said:

I did exactly what your asking for.
corvette-5.jpg

Including a screwup.

Good recovery there 😨 figured out my centre line by measuring across the footprint of the existing bridge and dividing by two (so it was the middle of the bridgeplate). Did you find the old screw holes were just inside the cavity for the new bridge?

2 hours ago, Nibody said:

Did you find the old screw holes were just inside the cavity for the new bridge?

Yes they were.

46 minutes ago, blablas said:

Yes they were.

Not too far off on my measurements then with a bit of luck. The 3D bridge doesnt allow much manouvering if you pink torpedo up the intonation.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nige1968
      Will bump this now and then until I lose the will to live ...
      I have for sale the original, used-once 9v 2-band, four-pot electronic innards from a Warwick Rockbass Streamer NT.
      NB: This came from a bass with active pickups. There's one used with passive pickups below. I can't discern any physical difference, but hey.
      The part number is SP - RB125 and normally sells for a snadge over £50 plus postage from Germany.
      Details here: https://shop.warwick.de/en/pickups/accessories-parts/bass-electronics/21366/active-electronic-for-passive-pus-vol-balmn250k-treble-bass  No longer available?
      Controls are volume, pup blend, bass and treble. Knobs available should you need them.
      Pots marked as follows (wire wraps are labelled): Volume Alpha A25kΩ; pup blend (M?)N250K; Treble B 50K; Bass none found, presumed covered in solder! Everything was removed by a proper luthier, not me. Electronics mystify me.
      So on the off-chance you have a Rockbass with four holes, and a broken preamp, this is your replacement.
      It's vaguely possible you might think of another use for it but I can't, and I won't hold my breath waiting for suggestions.
      Price includes delivery. Fill your bootses.

• By AndyTheBassBison
      £20 posted to anywhere in the UK.
      this is a drop in replacement for danelectro basses. I had it on a 56. Please note the holes aren’t in the right place for my Korean longhorn -it would have required drilling 2 new holes in the bass. I’m not sure about the newer longhorns. Distance between the two hole midpoints is 7.6cm. Two of the screws are somewhat worn /stripped but still usable.

• By Acebassmusic
      One very clean Ibanez 5 string bridge for sale with mounting screws. String spacing is 17mm. Postage at cost.

• By Marky Screen
      I'm returning my Mex Jazz to stock so moving this one.
      pretty much the daddy of after market bridges.
      Great condition.
      Standard Fender 5 hole fit.
      Screws included
      Cheers

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So as I wrote in another post last night I fell in love with my first bass ever and old main an Aria Pro II Laser Electric Classic last night.
      But while the neck/midle position pickup which is an about big soapbar size humbucker, I assume split coil reverse P like pickup judging from the pole pieces, has a quite high output, a nice fairly aggressive character and sounds amazing the bridge J type pickup sounds really weak, thin and anemic, so I am pondering on replacing it.
      However a regular J pickup won't fit into the cavity as the screw holes on this is at the ends of the length of the pickup, missing room for the screw hole ears on the side, though, except for missing the side screw hole ears, the cavity is slightly wider and longer than a regular J pickup cavity.
      To be exact the bridge pickup cavity is about 26.5mm (1.043") wide , 119mm (4.685") long, and the string spacing at the bridge pickup placement is about 16.5mm (0.65").
      This as far as I have been able to conclude makes room for either a Tele bass type pickup, though the pole spacing of those will be way too close together for the actual string spacing of my bass at the bridge pickup cavity, or a Strat guitar pickup, which, to make sure it covers the strings, would have to be a blade style one, I have checked and the blade would typically be just about 60mm long, while the overall string span at the bridge pickup on my bass is just about 50mm (I don't actually care about some of the cavity being left not filled out by the pickup at all).
      So far having looked through Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio's offerings for blade Strat pickups, particularly judging from the DC Resistance/Output and tone profile information on the home pages, the DiMarzio DP182 Fast Track 2 blade humbucker Strat guitar pickup seems to be closest to the the kind of pickup I would be looking for, which is high output, pronounced mids and not too pronounced highs, but I am definitely open to other suggestions that'll fit those criteria and will fit the pickup cavity.
      So anyone got any suggestions to alternatives I should look into for this?
      Here's a pickture of the pickups in my Aria Pro II Laser Electric to give you a better idea :