Why become a member? ×

Anyone replaced the bridge on an older Warwick Rockbass with the newer 2 part type?

Nibody

Have a 5 string 2007 Rockbass Streamer LX I recently bought to keep my 4 string Vampyre RB company. I also have in my possesion a 5 string 2 piece warwick "3D" bridge. You can see where I am going with this...

Does anyone have any pointers/diagrams/templates/advice on fitting the 3D in place of the older Fender type high mass? Particularly the depth of rout the bridge and tailpiece sit in? Or (as I am more of a hobbyist) suggest someone in the midlands who could do the routing for me? I have no issues with reparing empty screw holes etc myself but the thought of wrecking the bass by messing up the routing is a bit unnerving..

Hi

I have fitted 4 string and 6 string versions of the Warwick two-part bridge on scratch built and part built bodies.

4 string version on my own bubinga fretless:

IMG_6325.thumb.JPG.73ffea0629c0dcffbb9e8d52b81680fe.JPG

And a six string version on @eude 's six string wonder:

_MG_7320.thumb.JPG.db5eb2c4294f282ed324d57cbd305b4a.JPG

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you?  I'm Derby.  Happy to take a look or just talk you through it.  Drop me a PM if you want to talk further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Hi

I have fitted 4 string and 6 string versions of the Warwick two-part bridge on scratch built and part built bodies.

4 string version on my own bubinga fretless:

IMG_6325.thumb.JPG.73ffea0629c0dcffbb9e8d52b81680fe.JPG

And a six string version on @eude 's six string wonder:

_MG_7320.thumb.JPG.db5eb2c4294f282ed324d57cbd305b4a.JPG

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you?  I'm Derby.  Happy to take a look or just talk you through it.  Drop me a PM if you want to talk further.

Those are two nice looking bits of wood. Thanks Andy - Im in Tamworth (about 30/40 mins away). Will drop you a PM later when I have more time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nibody said:

Those are two nice looking bits of wood. Thanks Andy - Im in Tamworth (about 30/40 mins away). Will drop you a PM later when I have more time.

My 6er is wonderful! @Andyjr1515 certainly know's what he's doing!

Eude

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, blablas said:

I did exactly what your asking for.
corvette-5.jpg

Including a screwup.

Good recovery there 😨 figured out my centre line by measuring across the footprint of the existing bridge and dividing by two (so it was the middle of the bridgeplate). Did you find the old screw holes were just inside the cavity for the new bridge?

46 minutes ago, blablas said:

Yes they were.

Not too far off on my measurements then with a bit of luck. The 3D bridge doesnt allow much manouvering if you pink torpedo up the intonation.