Why become a member? ×

Attitude Standards...

AndyTravis

Well...in my quest for another Yamaha BB414, I keep on finding these...

Yamaha Attitude Standards.

I went through a plus and a special - the plus being the most basic model, weirdly. The special being more like the Billy Sheehan version. 

These are great though.

The Pink one is 1990 and the black one is 1991 (as far as I can make out) and they’re lovely.

I’m not 100% on the BB knobs being on the pink one and might put the original chrome back on.

the Black one needs a set up and i’ll Sort that tomorrow night.

The neck profile is flat and wide, like a shaved p bass neck. The neck is bolted in about 1/3 of the way into the body, which means lovely access to all 21 frets and also adds a certain “set neck” snap to the sound.

Standard pickups are nice too. Bonus.

16E5257E-336A-400F-9073-DEA8574A46C9.jpeg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Keeping my eye out for a blue 4 and a “deluxe” which has a big pickup with clever switching.

I'd definitely like anothe.  One just like this, really, but I'd put different strings on it.  Cobalt flats, I think.

7 hours ago, alyctes said:

I'd definitely like anothe.  One just like this, really, but I'd put different strings on it.  Cobalt flats, I think.

There were 2 blue 5 strings on Facebook buy/sell groups last month. One fretted and one fretless, they do crop up more than the 4’s to be honest (not that I’ve been looking 😂)

• Like 1

My first 'proper' bass (after some terrible SG copy) was an Attitude Special in green. I then traded that in for a brand new BBG5s in black which I still have. Every time I pick up a Yamaha it's like coming home. 

Edited by Maude
  • Like 1