Why become a member? ×

Who is wireless?

la bam

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Does anyone know if the g75 can be rack mounted? (Even if stuck onto a tray), or does it have to be exposed to pick up signals etc.

The antenna are on the surface of the upper edge... so rack mounting would seriously compromise the performance of the radio.

1 minute ago, la bam said:

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend me a pouch to attach to the strap for a g75 receiver?

A quick Google came up with this

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/accessories-c2/recording-c676/recording-microphones-c415/wireless-systems-c417/levys-leathers-mm4-wireless-transmitter-holder-p9398

I do in fact have one of these

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, la bam said:

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend me a pouch to attach to the strap for a g75 receiver?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dickies-Mobile-MP3-pouch-Beltloop-strap-Black-White-Stars-Dickies-yak-pak-canvas-/133022509393?hash=item1ef8c26951

best £2.75 I've ever spent. I got a camo one though I can't see them any more.  It's perfect.

Les

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, la bam said:

Theres an incredible deal on the line 6 g75 - around £150 - same as the wl20.

I love mine. Rock solid.

Ah, I see you want a bug type system... i cant help on that I'm afraid.

yes that's right, personnel preference I suppose I don't like having to have a transmitter attached to my belt or strap, which is why I went for the G10 in the first place, seems a lot less hassle just to plug it into the bass

9 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

yes that's right, personnel preference I suppose I don't like having to have a transmitter attached to my belt or strap, which is why I went for the G10 in the first place, seems a lot less hassle just to plug it into the bass

Ive have both the Xvive and WL-20L. I like the Xvive for its on/off button, but much prefer the Boss overall, especially as the Boss has a more standard jack plug. The Xvive seems to have issues with some basses, my Yamaha BB425 being one of them. 

Heres a strange thing. When I got my new Fearless F122 I was trying it out at home, and noticed a buzzing (thought at first it was the cab grill) when I played the low F#-G lightly. It was coming in as the notes were dying off. Plucking louder and it disappeared. I swapped over the Boss and couldn’t replicate it. Back to the Xvive and there it was again. Now I’ve heard that I can just about hear it in headphones as well. 

My guitarist uses the Xvive and it seems to work ok for him, so I don’t think there is too much in it.

• Thanks 1

Seeing a lot of love for the G75, but also some frustrations: given, as noted in the thread G75 seems on a very good offer from the likes of Andertons I'm just trying to gauge the overall reliability. It sounds like problems arise if you don't set it to scan for best signal when firing it up, or if there are multiple unmanaged wireless inputs in use? 

2 minutes ago, PaulFenderJazz said:

Seeing a lot of love for the G75, but also some frustrations: given, as noted in the thread G75 seems on a very good offer from the likes of Andertons I'm just trying to gauge the overall reliability. It sounds like problems arise if you don't set it to scan for best signal when firing it up, or if there are multiple unmanaged wireless inputs in use? 

You have to scan everytime you use it - but that's a good thing - it makes everything more reliable and best possible quality. 

Scanning also finds any other wireless instruments etc and picks you a channel away from them.

I love mine to bits. Easy to use once you know how (it isnt easy at first!) and has been reliable indoor and outdoor.

13 minutes ago, la bam said:

You have to scan everytime you use it - but that's a good thing - it makes everything more reliable and best possible quality. 

Scanning also finds any other wireless instruments etc and picks you a channel away from them.

I love mine to bits. Easy to use once you know how (it isnt easy at first!) and has been reliable indoor and outdoor.

Thanks for that, la bam: I'm very tempted to make the plunge - it just seemed odd that it was being described as unreliable, given Line 6's pedigree in wireless, plus the fact that its list price should put it in a different performance bracket to most other systems mentioned....

15 hours ago, PaulFenderJazz said:

Ive used the G70 for 3 years before I knew it had a scan feature... it was never a problem..

I tried a G 10 a couple of years ago with my EB and EUB(both active) and had problems so returned it. Recently I bought a WL 20 and have used it at home, at rehearsals and on about  10 gigs and I love it. So far I have only used it on my DB  with a KNA DB 1 pickup and go from the pickup to a Schatten Design Mini Pre that I have mounted on a bracket that will clamp to a mic stand or music stand and I use that to control volume and then cable to the amp or PA as required. It's great not having cables underfoot and I can move the DB around as I play and even spin it if I want( I don't!) and have no wires on me or the bass.

From the reviews I have read it seems that the main criticism is that the batteries can't be replaced when they wear out so you have to buy the whole kit instead of just batteries but it seems they have a fairly long life so I'm OK with that.

I have never run the batteries right down and have logged my time and get about 5 hours before the first warning light comes on and at that point Boss claims there is still 30 minutes of life left in the batteries.I suppose that time may change as the unit gets older.  Small, easy to charge and it works consistently so I would recommend it based on my experience.   

Edited by Staggering on
  • Thanks 1

On 13/10/2019 at 10:12, PaulFenderJazz said:

By the way, the Audio Technica System 10 stompbox is similarly marked down  to the G75, I wonder if anyone’s used this at all by way of  comparison?.

I’ve been using a system 10 stompbox for years now. Zero issues and sounds good. Can’t comment on the G75.