Why become a member? ×

Who is wireless?

la bam

I use a Line 6 G55. I like it a lot. Battery life is good, range is good enough, the transmitter is reassuringly rugged and it doesn't screw up the tone. And it's rackmounted too, for massive convenience factor.

BOSS WL20, no fiddly settings on a darkly lit stage, just plug the two units together and they find the best signal. Charge lasts pretty good, and as they`re both chargeable units no extra plug sockets to find on stage, just two little gizmos, one in your bass, one in your amp/tuner etc. Also simulates a 10ft cable so no sudden change in tone if for whatever reason you have to go back to using a lead mid-gig.

Line 6 G30 - Never had any issues apart from one sound guy who insisted I used a jack lead "because it would pick up interference from passing taxis or car engines" or something equally ridiculous.

It hasn't yet - although there's a first time for everything.

I'm using a line 6 G10, great unit, sender plugs straight into the Bass so no messing about with a pack attached to the belt or strap and it recharges when plugged into the receiver , inexpensive at £110, but, and it's a big but, a design fault where the power supply goes into the receiver unit, it's just like a phone charger, very flimsy, I've added a bracket which solves the problem, but I shouldn't have had too.

I've got the Shure digital system. 

Not cheap, but actually works / doesn't noticeably affect the sound. I've been through loads of them and this is the only one I have ever been remotely happy with...

I have a stageclix and Ive always liked it. no drop outs, no change in tone, very sturdy and well built. Built in battery charger for the lipo battery and quite quick charging..

But it it went wrong. I had to send it back to amsterdam. it took ages and ages to get a quote for almost as much as a new one. So great when it worked but not so good if it goes wrong.

• Confused 1

Line 6 G30 for me. I have had it since 2010/2011and have used it for every band rehearsal and gig since. It is attached to my Levy strap in a proper Levy holder, which might explain why the clip has not broken on mine whereas lots of other people have not been as fortunate. 

The guitarist in my band bought a different system even though I had said to buy a Line 6. It caused untold grief and he went back to cable after a couple of months.

Line 6 G75. Not yet confident to gig it. When using in rehearsal it has dropped out a few times but my issue is once it drops out it doesn't reconnect. I think I've not been scanning for the best channel to use first, combine that with rehearsal studios being full of electrical interference, I need to experiment more before it goes out to gig so jury's out for me.

I used a Line 6 G50 for several years and it was trouble free.  Then when the Boss WL50 came out I was seduced by it's compact size - receiver is standard Boss pedal sized and the transmitter bug docks into it for charging.  Elegant solution.  Whenever I have used it for rehearsals it is brilliant.  The second gig I used it earlier this year the bass cut out briefly a couple of times for no apparent reason.  The Boss was blamed, perhaps unfairly, but now I am a little wary of it.