Why become a member? ×

NBD - FSR Mustang Content

King Tut

After a blooming long wait, I finally took delivery of a FSR Mustang, made in Mexico in Seafoam Pearl with a maple fretboard. The pearl finish is absolutely lovely. Nothing fancy about the maple board, but I'm pleased that the front is gloss whereas the back is satin. This'll probably be my number one bass for gigging with Stray.

I was torn between a standard MIM and the American Performer - I was edging towards the US one for various reasons, but I'm a sucker for maple boards so when this came out I jumped on it.

Its not mega light for a shortie - weighing in at 8.4 lbs - she seems to balance ok but I won't really be able to tell until she's gigged. The intonation was out a bit which I've sorted. The action was medium and neck relief just right - I've since got the action pretty low and she won't need any fettling. Sound wise, I've played with the pickup heights and been able to get the volume of the bridge pickup loud enough not to be dwarfed by the neck one so happy there, but I'm on the lookout for a SD quarter pounder set to drop in.

Fret ends are all good so nothing else to do now except play her. I might replace the strings with TI flats but I'll give it a good playing in with these on first. I'm one very happy bunny!

IMG_8367Mustang.jpg

IMG_8369Mustang.jpg

IMG_8366Mustang.jpg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Looks great Col, I’ve been thinking of one of these for gigs where we fly, make lugging gear around easier, but depends on if any hard cases are available for basses this size.

I bought a Gator hard case with it - it's a guitar case in extra long - just about fits but you have to turn the 'G' string tuner sideways!

2 hours ago, King Tut said:

I bought a Gator hard case with it - it's a guitar case in extra long - just about fits but you have to turn the 'G' string tuner sideways!

It`s looking a possibility then, nice one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King Tut said:

After a blooming long wait, I finally took delivery of a FSR Mustang, made in Mexico in Seafoam Pearl with a maple fretboard. The pearl finish is absolutely lovely. Nothing fancy about the maple board, but I'm pleased that the front is gloss whereas the back is satin. This'll probably be my number one bass for gigging with Stray.

I was torn between a standard MIM and the American Performer - I was edging towards the US one for various reasons, but I'm a sucker for maple boards so when this came out I jumped on it.

Its not mega light for a shortie - weighing in at 8.4 lbs - she seems to balance ok but I won't really be able to tell until she's gigged. The intonation was out a bit which I've sorted. The action was medium and neck relief just right - I've since got the action pretty low and she won't need any fettling. Sound wise, I've played with the pickup heights and been able to get the volume of the bridge pickup loud enough not to be dwarfed by the neck one so happy there, but I'm on the lookout for a SD quarter pounder set to drop in.

Fret ends are all good so nothing else to do now except play her. I might replace the strings with TI flats but I'll give it a good playing in with these on first. I'm one very happy bunny!

IMG_8367Mustang.jpg

IMG_8369Mustang.jpg

IMG_8366Mustang.jpg

BEAUTIFUL. My good friend's band is supporting you soon so I might get to hear it in action...

I saw the link to these on here the other week and despite being a Mustang fan I thought it looked a bit meh.

I then saw one in the flesh in Dawsons and completely changed my mind. Looks lovely!

Edited by burno70
  • Thanks 1