cetera

NSD.... New Spectorbird day!

Dreams do come true!! I've finally received the bass I've ALWAYS wanted but never dared believe possible..... a stunning super-Rare US Spector NS2X 'Spectorbird' complete with 9v Haz preamp!! Just "Wow........"!! 😍😍😍😍

Solid 5A quilted maple body, thru neck, US 9V Hazlab preamp, Abalone inlays, heavy duty gold Spector hardware and Gotoh lightweight tuners.... It's almost 7 years old and in absolutely mint condition! Perfection...!!

20190701_130717.jpg

20190701_131303.jpg

20190701_130748.jpg

20190701_131326.jpg

20190701_131343.jpg

20190701_123936.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 26

5 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Do they not make many then? Looks really nice.

Very few. This is #3 from the US custom shop. It's a non-standard shape/range...

2 minutes ago, cetera said:

Very few. This is #3 from the US custom shop. It's a non-standard shape/range...

Aaahhh. What’s the Rex then? A reverse?

7 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Aaahhh. What’s the Rex then? A reverse?

No, a different shape. Less TBird, different horn shape.... check it out on google images.

• Thanks 1

Wow, wouldn't have thought that would be my kind of thing...

and yet, seeing those photos, it very definitely is.

Edit: Since my original post, I had the chance at the SEBB to play this bass and I would rank it easily in the top 5 basses that I've ever played, out of a cast of thousands...Shape of it and all that, it should be way too rawk'n'roll for an old jazz guy like me; but really, I'd be willing to overlook that......

Edited by mangotango
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. Congratulations on hunting down your particular unicorn. 😉

• Thanks 1

😮 Seriously Gary.... where the hell did you find that!?!?!?! 

I am totally green with envy!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clarky72 said:

😮 Seriously Gary.... where the hell did you find that!?!?!?! 

I am totally green with envy!

The murky underworld of Spector trader/collectors..... lol!!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Sorry @cetera my one word reply doesn’t do it justice.

My lord that’s fit. I would like to touch it, very much 😂😂😂

🤣😂🤣

You lookin' at / talkin' about my (T-)bird?!? 🤔😉😂🤣

18 minutes ago, cetera said:

🤣😂🤣

You lookin' at / talkin' about my (T-)bird?!? 🤔😉😂🤣

Very muchly, would like a touchly on your birdy...innit. 

I’d quilt that maple, give it a right good quilting.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Allaboutthebass
      Hi,
      I'm not looking for any trades at the moment but my arm could be twisted by a nice 4 string classic ray with a rosewood fretboard, or a Spector euro LX. (Cash either way)
      I had this up for sale a few months ago and withdrew it because I knew I would regret it. However, its time to put my big knickers and to let it go once and for all.
      Its a great bass, in great condition (see pics, shout if you would like some more pics).
      Check out the following link for details 
      https://www.marleaux-bass.com/marleaux-bass_consat_custom.html
      I would prefer social distance collection, although I'm happy to drive for an hour to deliver. (say 80 miles top)
      I can post, shipping and Insurance will be at the buyers expense
      Here is a summary, see pics for weight according to kitchen scales and the width of the nut.
      Body: Mahogany Top: Bubinga Neck: Maple Neck: Bolt on. Fretboard: Ebony (No Makers) Frets: 24 Scale: 34 inches Pickups: Delano SBC Electronics: Marleaux EQ BC3 Controls: Master Vol - Pickup Blend - 3-Band Active / Passive Switch: Pickup Split Hardware Finish: Black Tuners: Schaller Colour: Natural Case: Generic Made in Germany Happy to answer any questions.
      Cheers
      Neil.

• By cetera
      Here we have a very RARE bird indeed..... in fact I can only find one other on the Web!
      A very limited edition Fernandes Thunderbird (?TBJ85RT?) from approx 1989/1990 in a nicely yellowing vintage white/cream with passive PJ pickups for a vintage vibe on a more modern looking T-Bird....
      A solid instrument, of maple construction I believe, with a passive PJ set up giving a clear, punchy tone adding a level of definition normally missing from traditional soapbar style T-Birds.
      Condition is very good for its age, a solid 8+ with just a few surface scratches and a couple of minor dings.
      This bass turns heads whenever it's used... and for good reason!
      Get yourself a true ROCK monster!
      Payment by cash on collection, Paypal (you pay all fees) or Bank Transfer. NO trades thank you. Courier at buyers choice/cost.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

• By cetera
      Reluctantly offered for sale as I have a couple of very expensive incoming purchases....
      The Legend 4X Classic takes the classic Thunderbird style into the present.... and is the only 'affordable' Spector featuring the rare custom 'Spectorbird' X body as favoured by Nikki Sixx etc...
      The body is crafted from solid maple with a genuine figured maple top in a gorgeous high gloss black stain. The deepset (6 bolt) 24 fret, 34" neck is 3-piece maple with a 24 fret pau ferro fingerboard, complete with dot inlays which I have upgraded with Spector crown fret decals. (Graphite) Nut width is 1.57".
      It comes fitted as standard with specially designed Spector SSD humbuckers, which work in conjunction with the onboard Spector TonePump Jr. active tone controls offering 12dB of treble/bass boost for a versatile range of tones.
      I have upgraded the previously black hardware to a gold Spector style bridge and gold Gotoh tuners to complete the 'classy' custom look.
      The bass is in excellent '9' condition. They appear to have stopped manufacturing these now.... They were originally approx £850 and there are not many available used (e.g. £625 on reverb without upgrades) so, if this body style/look is your thing, don't miss out!
      Payment by cash on collection, Paypal (you pay all fees) or Bank Transfer. NO trades please. Courier at buyers cost/choice.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction. Thanks!