Why become a member? ×

multi-effect pedal choice

powerplant

On 17/08/2019 at 10:18, powerplant said:

Just picked up a zoom b1four

and it is a wonderful practice tool with headphones and a my phone for playback. I have no idea if the sound is good enough for gigging 

very cheap compared to the alternatives and fits in the gigbag easily

How are you getting along with your B1-4? 

Edited by Al Krow

Zoom B3. It's a splendid piece of kit with looper, drum rhythms, multiple effects, Di out, easy to use, also functions as an interface/soundcard for your pc. 

I don't know if there is anything music related sold anywhere which represents better value for money. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2019 at 21:31, powerplant said:

Still quite happy about the zoom

:)

Anyone tells you the Zoom isn't good enough for gigging is fully entitled to that opinion. However, you should suck it and see for yourself before making your mind up.

I've gigged all manner of effects which I've been relieably informed are 'toys' and 'only suitable for a beginner' and believe me the fact that they are made from plastic or cost less than a pack of expensive strings did not affect the sound one iota.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm going to get one myseklf, i feel the B Four is leaving a hole in my Zoom armoury, or Zoomery (as no one ever calls it).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Anyone tells you the Zoom isn't good enough for gigging is fully entitled to that opinion. However, you should suck it and see for yourself before making your mind up.

I've gigged all manner of effects which I've been relieably informed are 'toys' and 'only suitable for a beginner' and believe me the fact that they are made from plastic or cost less than a pack of expensive strings did not affect the sound one iota.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm going to get one myseklf, i feel the B Four is leaving a hole in my Zoom armoury, or Zoomery (as no one ever calls it).

yep' I've been gigging with my B1on for about 4 years now, no issues at all, I did try a B3 but went back to the B1on because it fits nicely into my hard case and does exactly the same job, for me anyway.

• Like 1

Ah ok, I was just looking back on this particular thread and couldn't find anyone saying that.

Yup there are a ton of far better gigging bassists than me who are very happy with using a Zoom mulitfx live. 

Obvs the Helix stuff is a step up for a number of effects patches, but you'd absolutely hope so given the difference in price point!

I really liked my Zoom MS-60B, B3N and most recently B1X-4; they're some of the best value multis out there. And I'm now loving my Helix HX - feels like the Line6 'spiritual successor' to the B3N for me, but I haven't quite had the heart to move my B1X-4 on yet.

46 minutes ago, stewblack said:

As I said, I've been told that and read many other such comments, such as the ones I mentioned above.

Internet land is like that though - very quick to say that the quality level the commenter uses is minimum and anything less than that is not good enough. Partly cos it’s full of massive gear nerds, partly cos people are self justifying their own decisions and also because it’s never been disproved that the more you spend on gear the better player you become playing more interesting and attractive to your peers  music...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ll put multi hand up for the boss me-50b. Does what I want and I’m on my second so...

One on FB for £110 right now, hmmm, no, I mustn't , got two valve amps under the doctor's knife. Have to save my money. But well, you know, you were so very right about the Yamaha BB..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stewblack said:

One on FB for £110 right now, hmmm, no, I mustn't , got two valve amps under the doctor's knife. Have to save my money. But well, you know, you were so very right about the Yamaha BB..

I’m always right...Pickguards, Yamaha and now...multi fx

Wow what's going on with Zoom B3N prices? These were generally down to around £131 new a year ago, but I'm seeing them for sale in the £180 to £190 range now (e.g. Andertons £189).

These guys are still selling for £131 posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zoom-B3n-Bass-Multi-Effects-Pedal/272740802457?epid=1509890978&hash=item3f809e5f99:g:OhIAAOSwN2VZVNRC

Edited by Al Krow

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Wow what's going on with Zoom B3N prices? These were generally down to around £131 new a year ago, but I'm seeing them for sale in the £180 to £190 range now (e.g. Andertons £189).

These guys are still selling for £131 posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zoom-B3n-Bass-Multi-Effects-Pedal/272740802457?epid=1509890978&hash=item3f809e5f99:g:OhIAAOSwN2VZVNRC

What about B1-4? Know of any cheap deals?