Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser HD660S - £265 ono.
£265
Birmingham

These are about three months old, they’ve had about thirty minutes use in that time, if that. I bought them because I tend to work late at night, and was disturbing my niece who’s room is next to my studio. These are are ‘open back’ type headphones, she complained she could still hear me. I’ve reverted to using my ‘closed back’ headphones that I’ve had for many a year.

These are in absolutely mint condition. They come with all the original packaging, all cables, basically everything they came with.

The price includes next day special delivery, so fully tracked and insured.

The technical details copied and pasted  from Amazon, which is where they were bought:

Sennheiser is shaping the Future of Audio – a vision built on a 70-year history of innovation and a continued drive for excellence that is woven into our company’s DNA and culture. Around the world, our employees share this passion in the pursuit of the perfect sound, creating products that exceed expectations and set new benchmarks in audio.

Meet the Sennheiser HD 660 S

The HD 660 S is the successor to the legendary HD 650. This open-back, dynamic headphone features new lower (150-ohm) impedance transducers producing reference-class sound when connected to both Hi-Res home or mobile audio systems. An elegantly designed piece of German engineering, the HD 660 S delivers exceptionally accurate and transparent sound, with an expressiveness that immerses the listener in every emotion and nuance of the music.

• Did you know? The HD 660 S is designed and engineered in Germany, then manufactured to exacting standards in Sennheiser’s Tullamore, Ireland factory. Every HD 660 S undergoes rigourous, multi-parameter testing to ensure performance essential to the most demanding listeners.

Exceptional Sound

Exceptional Sound

Crafted for the demanding listener, the HD 660 S surpasses the performance of its predecessor, the legendary HD 650. Detailed and dynamic, with an extended and balanced frequency response the HD 660 S is both exceptionally accurate and musically expressive. The lower 150-ohm impedance facilitates direct connection to both premium home and mobile audio devices.

Advanced Transducers

Advanced Transducers

The HD 660 S employees newly designed transducers featuring extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils coupled to diaphragms precision crafted from stainless steel fabric. This combination results in exceptional transient response and improved control of diaphragm movement reducing distortion. Additionally, transducers are produced and matched to extremely tight (± 1 dB) tolerance guaranteeing superb performance.

Versatile Connectivity

Versatile Connectivity

The HD 660 S is supplied with two para-aramid reinforced detachable cables employing high conductivity OFC copper to ensure signal integrity with very low handling noise. One cable is terminated with a 6.35mm stereo plug (a 3.5mm adaptor is also included), the other with the new 4.4 mm Pentaconn balanced stereo plug. Balanced connectivity can reveal full HD 660 S performance potential when paired with the balanced output of digital audio player or headphone amplifier like the Sennheiser HDV 820.

Supreme Comfort

Supreme Comfort

The HD 660 S is designed for pure listening pleasure. It’s open-back architecture is strong yet lightweight, and allows airflow to the ears keeping them cool during listening sessions. The large elliptical ear cups are shaped following the anatomy of the ear, and feature soft velour covered ear cushions. Thick headband padding complete the comfort package to assure hours and hours of supreme listening pleasure.

HD 630VB HD 660 S HD 700

Description

Product Description

A new audiophile versatilityThe new HD 660 S lets you enjoy sophisticated audiophile sound in even more listening situations. The successor of the legendary HD650 excels with the improved performance of its new transducer design. Thanks to its lower impedance, it delivers reference-class sound also when connected to hi-res mobile players, thus offering much greater versatility. The HD 660 S is an elegantly designed piece of high-quality engineering that indulges the demanding listener with aural precision and great wearing comfort.Sound for the passionate music enthusiastMade for the demanding listener, the HD 660 S surpasses the exceptional performance of its predecessor, the legendary HD650. With a crisp bass, excellent mid-frequency response, and a gentle, pleasantly natural treble, the HD 660 S has an expressiveness that immerses you in every emotion and nuance of music. Still, it always stays exceptionally accurate and transparent.Cutting-edge Sennheiser technologyThe HD 660 S features a new transducer design developed by Sennheiser. This results in improved control of the diaphragm movements thanks to a specially manufactured precision stainless steel fabric, which is adapted to the contour of the diaphragm. Extremely light aluminum voice coils ensure the highest impulse fidelity. The transducers are carefully selected and paired by hand to ensure consistently narrow (±1 dB) tolerances.Supreme connectivityThe HD 660 S has been created to enjoy music in supreme quality and from many different audio sources. Thanks to its low impedance it also offers reference-class fidelity with hi-res mobile players. Naturally, the HD 660 S reveals its full potential when it is connected to the balanced outputs of a dedicated headphone amplifier such as the HDV 820 or to the balanced output of a mobile digital audio player

Box Contains

HD 660 S, Cable with 6.35 mm plug, Cable with 4,4 mm Pentaconn plug (balanced), Adaptor 6.35 to 3.5 mm, Manual, Storage box

Features & details

• Reference-class open-back, dynamic headphone employing improved transducers delivering low harmonic distortion
  • Para-aramid reinforced, detachable cables employ high conductivity OFC copper to insure signal integrity with very low handling noise
  • Transducers are hand-selected for precise ( 1 dB) left / right matching tolerance insure ideal accuracy and presentation of stereo spatial characteristics
  • 150-ohm nominal impedance allows direct connection to home and mobile hires audio devices
  • Supplied with two connection cables: One with a 6.35 mm stereo plug, the other a 4.4 mm Pentaconn balanced stereo plug, also included is a 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm adaptor
  • Frequency response is 10 - 41,000 Hz (-10 dB)

CE40555A-3B77-49A5-845C-EB9820DC8BFE.jpeg

6FA6DA5F-4787-4316-B6A7-0F5515C2A204.jpeg

780BCD3A-101D-409C-8ABC-3FFB6E41C1A8.jpeg

C18913F8-26D8-4826-B688-5692A3B96332.jpeg

Edited by ambient

11 minutes ago, alyctes said:

Not to dampen anyone's fireworks, but can you get Amazon to take them back?

They’re out of the return period unfortunately, you get 30 days. It’s annoying because they’re brilliant sounding headphones, the detail is great, and one of the reasons I bought them.

• Sad 1

On 01/07/2019 at 00:44, ambient said:

They’re out of the return period unfortunately, you get 30 days. It’s annoying because they’re brilliant sounding headphones, the detail is great, and one of the reasons I bought them.

These are very very good. I have the older 600 series and they are both light to wear and have excellent sound capabilities. I have a friend who put me on to these as he had recorded and mixed a very fine sounding album in his home studio using a pair. 

• Like 1