Why become a member? ×

Ideas of quality and reasonably cheap practice amps?

Chrisbassboy5

16 minutes ago, Bass Fumbler said:

Something with a headphone socket, so you can practice anytime without annoying family/ neighbours. 

And an aux input for connecting to your phone or laptop or mp3 player is always useful.  And and onboard tuner maybe...?

budget would help.And use, like will you be jamming with others in the future, if not, 20-40w is more than enough

it's all relative, some say you need 250w to play bar gigs, but in the 80s and 90s Peavey TNT115s were enough, 100w thru a variety of speakers.Drummers don't play any louder today than back then.

Fender Rumble40 might be good for you

• Like 1

As Loz said,  Fender Rumble (V3 range) are excellent. Light, sound good and various models with outputs to suit your needs. The 25 watter features aux input and a headphone socket, and should be more than adequate for home practice sessions.

On 30/06/2019 at 08:41, Chrisbassboy5 said:

Hi, Just buying an Ibanez SR 655 and want a good practice amp to go with it. Any ideas of good P. Amps at all please?

As you know the amp is really important, any options, new or old?

Ta Chris

Lots of good practice amp suggestions already. The other combos that are maybe worth checking out are the TC BG 250 series and the Ibanez Promethean 3110, but you could just as easily go down the separates route in which case you have lots of good options.

That Ibanez SR 655 PJ is a nice choice btw - been tempted to get one myself!  

Please do let us know how you get on with it! There's a bunch of Ibby SR fans on this thread if you fancy posting any pics and a review there:

:)

Edited by Al Krow

I had similar dilemma and got the Fender rumble 40 watt version at Peach guitars for £214. It's more powerful than you probably need at home but it sounded to my ears a lot nicer and fuller than the 25watt version. Apparently it's DI isn't too shabby also so you could go into a p.a. in theory if you need to play small gigs. 

I'm selling my PJB Session 77

Used once to play in my front room with a keyboardist and singer, plenty loud enough , portable and a very high quality sound ( handles the low B too ) 

I bought a double 4 and the Session 77 at the same time and as I have limited space the double 4 sits on my desk and the session 77 sits in the cupboard un-used

Same as the one in the link

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/pjb-phil-jones-bass-session-77/915690