Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury Bass Sound

Sandypjb

On 29/06/2019 at 23:21, AndyTravis said:

The Killers - Have they swapped guitarists or something though? He was a lefty playing tonight and I’m certain the previous guy was a right handed?

I thought this too - They used to have a Fella with big curly hair

From Wikipedia - The Killers released a statement on August 28, 2017, confirming that neither Stoermer nor Keuning would participate in the band's upcoming Wonderful Wonderful World Tour, while reiterating that both are still members of the band. Jake Blanton would continue to fill in for Stoermer while touring guitarist/keyboardist Ted Sablay would fill in for Keuning.[68]

Edited by LewisK1975
Found more info!

On 29/06/2019 at 18:20, Cuzzie said:

Sheryl Crow and bass - amazing

Charlatans - terrible but that Status Bass has decent crunch and was nice - definite highlight.

Michael kiwanuka - always loved him.

Stormzy - what a show and mixed up tracks and actually had live band sounding great.

But I agree, here in TV land the bass has been great and I can’t wait for Kylie - Bassist uses Sandberg’s - so i will be happy and he is good.

Bring on Glastontelly with cheap unlimited booze and habitable toilets in easy reach and a comfy bed

The Charlatans bassist - is that a standard model of Status Bass? Like the look a lot

26 minutes ago, jahfish said:

The Charlatans bassist - is that a standard model of Status Bass? Like the look a lot

It was in their “retro” range a few years ago, Guy Pratt, The chap from embrace, Pino palladino and the Guy from Kubb used them.

On 29/06/2019 at 23:21, AndyTravis said:

Yeah. A geddy if I remember.

Have they swapped guitarists or something though? He was a lefty playing tonight and I’m certain the previous guy was a right handed?

Bassman and guitar are  tour stand ins ,original bass guy played GL jazz's too .Great sound at glasto,weird style but effective 

On 29/06/2019 at 06:26, Sandypjb said:

Seems a lot better this time through the telly. As an example, George Ezra's bass player is nice and prominent in the mix. He's playing a Lakland jazz and  Fender P mainly. Great band all round.

Yeah Ezra's band sounded good! Didn't catch much of it this year but what I saw was pretty good. The Cure sounded ACE. 

On 01/07/2019 at 17:41, mikel said:

The Cure were great, and what a bass sound. Kylie? What a waste of stage time. Her voice is so weak its no surprise the backing singers are louder in the mix. Walking round the stage in a series of outfits and letting the audience do the singing is not my idea of a good performance. Legend spot? It was a travesty to use the word.

I think Kylie was struggling with technical issues. Her mic was cutting in and out at one point and she was messing with her in-ears. I got the impression at that point she gave up and handed over to the audience to cover the tech issues. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving an old thread but watched most of the Glasto coverage on the iPlayer - must have clocked 20 or more hours now! Kylie’s bass player is superb - super tight playing, so much so I wondered for a while if it was tracked! Those Sandbergs are lush 😍😍😍

Edited by acidbass
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, acidbass said:

Reviving an old thread but watched most of the Glasto coverage on the iPlayer - must have clocked 20 or more hours now! Kylie’s bass player is superb - super tight playing, so much so I wondered for a while if it was tracked! Those Sandbergs are lush 😍😍😍

Couldn’t agree more