Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury Bass Sound

Sandypjb

28 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

really isn’t a good singer is he?

This! 

Very good frontman though. Can you imagine being charismatic enough to overcome those shaky vocals?

25 minutes ago, Bolo said:

This! 

Very good frontman though. Can you imagine being charismatic enough to overcome those shaky vocals?

The highlight of their recent output, the noteworthy mention from Bowman et al?

He’s had his teeth done.

24 minutes ago, Bolo said:

This! 

Thank crunchie I'm not the only one thinking this! My good lady loves them, so I'm being forced to endure them currently, but by 'eck they are poor.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dankology said:

Only seen Michael Kiwanuka's set but thought the sound in general was a world better than anything I've heard on the Glastonbury TV broadcasts for many years. 

Yes, I just finished watching that and the sound is great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolo said:

This! 

I was in that imagination for several years! Not as much charisma though, I still don’t know how he had the courage to perform and he was a very sensitive emotional soul. Then again we weren’t headline at Glastonbury!

49 minutes ago, gt4ever said:

It’s possible to have the best time there without going to any of the main stages. When I used to go many years ago all the entertainment began when the main stages ended....

Exactly!

My greatest memory is this - I worked all weekend on the Acoustic main stage, the last act finished and we de-rigged the whole stage in just over an hour. A quick change and a small amount of time later was coming up hard on MDMA and NOS in Shangri-la dancing to Birdy Nam Nam. The moment they started playing this remains one of the most enjoyable of my 47 years.

The Cure were great, and what a bass sound. Kylie? What a waste of stage time. Her voice is so weak its no surprise the backing singers are louder in the mix. Walking round the stage in a series of outfits and letting the audience do the singing is not my idea of a good performance. Legend spot? It was a travesty to use the word.

• Like 3